Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone installed a Deutchnine Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone installed a Deutchnine Splitter

I'm looking at a splitter for my S2, and quite like the look of the Deutchnine one:

http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics

Has anyone had any experience with fitting one of these. Just curious to get opinions, although I would expect that the quality is pretty good.

Eric
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Anyone, anyone, Bueller
Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Porsche16V944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$600 plus paint... might be hard pressed...... those guys sell some nice stuff, but it is so unbelievably overpriced its rediculous.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche16V944
$600 plus paint... might be hard pressed...... those guys sell some nice stuff, but it is so unbelievably overpriced its rediculous.
There's a difference between "overpriced" and "expensive". I don't think these guys ever pretended to be catering to the price-conscious end of town. But if you want the quality stuff, and you don't mind paying for it, you know where to go...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the colour of your car and look your after, you may be able to paint it a satin black, and save some $ on the paint portion of the install. A nice rattle can satin black can be had for under $10.00!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
968ls1
Racer

Check out the splitter from Texas Performance Concepts they are good quality and priced reasonably. I have used black truck bed liner on my splitter to keep it from chipping, it is not body color but splitters eat a lot of road debris and if they are painted they take a beating.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Texas Performance stuff.

Shipping to OZ is going to be expensive no matter where you buy it from...probably cheaper from the UK in the long run tho?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM
fasterfaster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
There's a difference between "overpriced" and "expensive". I don't think these guys ever pretended to be catering to the price-conscious end of town. But if you want the quality stuff, and you don't mind paying for it, you know where to go...
Agreed. The "problem" is our cars are underpriced to begin with so a $600 body panel feels expensive for a <$10k car. If you drive a $40k+ newer 911 or M3, a body panel of the same quality design and construction for $600 would sound like a steal.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 AM
nzporsche944s2
Advanced

Hey Eric just a word of caution on Deutsche 9. I ordered a Short Shift from them in November. Their website says 10 working days to fabricate then ship. I thought it would arrive by December at the latest. No word. 1 email. 2 emails. 3 emails. nothing. Then finally the 4th e-mail gets replied to in mid December saying sorry about the delay but it's been sent. I ask for tracking info still nothing. Christmas came and went and I still haven't seen the short shift which is ridiculous.
They wouldn't take payment by credit card so you have to do it through Pay Pal which is a pain and after a certain period of time you can't contest or withdraw the payment for non-delivery (which I would have done by now if it was on my Credit Card)
I have no doubt that when (if?) it arrives it will be well made but these guys are seriously lacking in customer service and time means nothing to them.
Pelican by contrast can ship from the US to NZ in as little as 7 days and if you ask a question you get a reply within 24 hours.
Just my experience with them. Caveat emptor
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm having the splitter from D9, looks good, a bit heavy (for racing).... like it a lot...

Henk
Attached Images    
Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzporsche944s2
I ordered a Short Shift from them in November.
So you ordered a short shift and instead you got short shrift?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
nzporsche944s2
Advanced

Short Shaft more like it! I'm just hoping it turns up soon and that it is made as well as I'm expecting. Then my world will have returned to equilibrium...
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nzporsche944s2
Hey Eric just a word of caution on Deutsche 9. I ordered a Short Shift from them in November. Their website says 10 working days to fabricate then ship. I thought it would arrive by December at the latest. No word. 1 email. 2 emails. 3 emails. nothing. Then finally the 4th e-mail gets replied to in mid December saying sorry about the delay but it's been sent. I ask for tracking info still nothing. Christmas came and went and I still haven't seen the short shift which is ridiculous.
They wouldn't take payment by credit card so you have to do it through Pay Pal which is a pain and after a certain period of time you can't contest or withdraw the payment for non-delivery (which I would have done by now if it was on my Credit Card)
I have no doubt that when (if?) it arrives it will be well made but these guys are seriously lacking in customer service and time means nothing to them.
Pelican by contrast can ship from the US to NZ in as little as 7 days and if you ask a question you get a reply within 24 hours.
Just my experience with them. Caveat emptor
Sounds similar to my experience. Getting a refund from them via Paypal was not pleasant. Good guys and good products but seem to fall down in the logistics area.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HJK
I'm having the splitter from D9, looks good, a bit heavy (for racing).... like it a lot...

Henk
Henk, I like the look too, and the shipping costs from Europe are quite reasonable. I was looking at one from Promax, but they refuse to ship to Australia due to possible damage.

How heavy are the D9 splitters and do they include the front undertray section or how do they attach. I'd like to see a pic of one uninstalled if you have one.

Eric
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek
Sounds similar to my experience. Getting a refund from them via Paypal was not pleasant. Good guys and good products but seem to fall down in the logistics area.
That sounds unfortunate. It is very difficult to get anything large (and somewhat fragile) from OS to Oz like fibreglass panels. What is the best source for splitters for those not in the US or UK then?

I'm also having trouble getting stuff from the US at the moment (to Oz). USPS express guaranteed delivery dates are not being met. Apparently it is a combination of trade winds, the Qantas A380 fiasco with the Rolls Royce engines and new year period. My shipment left the US on 29 December - no sign of it here yet.

Last edited by Eric_Oz_S2; 01-05-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Anyone installed a Deutchnine Splitter