Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Lines under intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010 | 04:44 PM
jensend3
Advanced

Default Vacuum Lines under intake manifold

Yesterday I noticed that my brakes suddenly took more pedal effort. After some careful looking I found a decent sized crack in the brake booster vacuum line that runs down and underneath the intake manifold. I drive a turbo by the way in case it varies. I was wondering what is the simplest way to replace that line? Its the real big thick line that come right off of the check valve I believe. To be honest I'm not even sure if this will fix the problem but I can even hear the leak so I can safely say this is the culprit. I would appreciate any advice on this.
Old 07-14-2010 | 05:36 PM
Mike951
Drifting

Default Vacuum lines

I just installed the venturi delete kit from Lindsey on my 951. Threw out all those unnecessary lines and freshened-up/rerouted the smaill vac lines utilizing the 4 port banjo bolt they sell. Resealed the injectors and relpace dthe small fuel hose while I was at it. I would recommend you do the same to your 951, as this is a nice combo of maitanence and upgrade. Not a sales pitch, but I have a set of Pauer fuel lines brand new which my dad had and never used. I installed these (another set) on my 951 long ago, as the stock fuel lines can take your car out when they fail. I also have the small fuel line I mentioned above, genuine Porsche, which he purchaed and did not install, as he recently sold the vehicle and did not install it either. Whatever you decide, I would at least install or fabricate the venturi delete kit to address the brake booster hose.
Old 07-15-2010 | 08:56 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

lol I had the same issue... I removed the ISV with the intake manifold still on and I saw the brake vacuum hose was cracked. When I tried to remove it, it decided to snap in half and it was simular to plastic from being so old...

I suggest go ahead and do a venturi delete like Mike did... I just when to Advance Auto and got some hoses cut and removed the steel piping venturi and relocated my ISV to a easier place. My brakes work a lot better now, they use to depress when I held them felt like I was leaking fluid but it was a leak in the vacuum.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Lines under intake manifold