Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help replacing wiper motor in 944 turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Larry Weinstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need help replacing wiper motor in 944 turbo s

Has anyone replaced a wiper motor in his 944? I've pulled off the top of the blower housing and the squirrel cage, and removed the fuse box cover, and still can't get sufficient clearance in any position of the mechanism to get it to clear. How is the bottom portion of the squirrel cage housing removed? I've removed the bolts but the plastic doesn't move. Is it glued in? Do I need to remove the fuse box? The motor has been attached with phillips screws instead of bolts so it isn't going to come off either. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at robinlarry@aol.com.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Larry Weinstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's out! Turns out I needed to slide it toward the passenger side to clear the bottom half of the blower box. Now my question is....since the motor wasn't operating, I had to pull out the plastic gear (which engages the worm gear from the motor) to set the mechanism for clearance to get it out. Without having indexed the relationship between the motor and the mechanism, how can I be sure now if I'm setting everything correctly when I reassemble?

Quick Reply: Need help replacing wiper motor in 944 turbo s