Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting issue ,lighting, sunroof issues resolved

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
alan t
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issue ,lighting, sunroof issues resolved

First: So I used to have to wait 10 to 15 seconds for my car to crank up when it was started warm. Research led me to believe I needed a fuel pump check valve. Not intending to resolve the starting issue, I was replacing the Fuel Pressure Regulator. and what do you know, the car starts right up!
Second: I would turn my turn signal switch on and my signal would flash once and stop. I replaced the flasher relay (relay 4? G4?) and it flashes again no problem. The problem had nothing to do with the switch and took two seconds to fix.
I also had multiple lights not working (left side front and rear turn signals, reverse lights, rear park lamps, rear side lamps (in the quarter panel).
I had my mechanic check it out, who found six blown fuses. The cable from the fuse box to the left side lamps was grounded somewhere. Instead of spending a lot of time finding where the current stops, he ran another cable from the fuse box to the lamps. He says all the fuses were probably on their last legs. Anyways, all my lights are working again!
Third: The sunroof started leaking a few months ago. I cleaned out the drain holes with a hanger and it still leaked. I tried sealing it with adhesive and still it leaked but it helped. This time I sealed up the entire moulding on the body and all around the sunroof panel to the point of overkill with some sealant I used in my bathroom. It is clear adhesive, but it's still visible on top. It doesn't look perfect, but it rained the other day and no more leaking on the seats! I'll take that any day.
This is kind of a worthless thread, but I just wanted to share some of my small victories. My 944 feels like a real car again!
Next: Idle Control Valve/ISV and vacuum hose kit to resolve my idling issue!

Quick Reply: Starting issue ,lighting, sunroof issues resolved