Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post...with a request

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:52 PM
cew
Track Day

Default 1st post...with a request

Hi all, I am new to the Porsche world and have an 84 944 that has an old aftermarket alarm (non-working). I am trying to remove all the associated alarm wiring from the car but am unsure about the spliced-in coil wires.

My request is for a clear pic of someones factory original coil installation so I don't cut the wrong wires and really cause some problems.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-18-2010 | 01:09 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

From: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE

Hello cew, A Big WELCOME to the Forum. I don't have an answer to your question, but maybe someone else will chime in and give you one. A non-factory alarm system is anyones guess. Clean off all dirt from the coil wires so you can see the color of the wires. I looked in the WSM for the coil and it shows a Black wire and a Solid Green wire. The factory Alarm also has a Solid Green wire that connects to the Green wire going from the coil down line someplace. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 06-18-2010 | 01:20 AM
luftpirate
Pro

Just so you know, the positive wire from your coil runs to the fuse/relay block, and then to your ignition switch. Where exactly is the alarm spliced in or what area do you need a picture of?
Old 06-18-2010 | 10:13 AM
cew
Track Day

I would like a pic of the coil itself and the wires that attach to it.

Here is what I have now. The green wire (butt-spliced to a blue wire) goes to one post on the coil and the black wire (also spliced to a blue wire) goes to the alarm control box? or ignition switch? then another blue wire goes back to the other post on the coil.

I would like to remove all traces of this old alarm and return the wiring back to original.

Thx.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 1st post...with a request