Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

needing help figuring out an electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:20 PM
oazix
Instructor

Default needing help figuring out an electrical issue

so driving to work to day all my gauges died the batt light comes on and the turn signal light works it appears the warning light doesn't come on, at first I thought it was the gauges them self but when i tried to close the sunroof that also wasn't working. from what i can tell the gauges and sunroof are the only things not working, i checked all the fuses and im gonna hit it with a multi meter tomorrow to see if i'm getting power right now i'm thinking i have a ground missing somewhere, does anybody know if these items share a common ground wire or know of similar issues?

thanks
jon
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:43 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

The biggest common ground is the negative cable end on the bellhousing. Clean it. Put a piece of tape over the TDC hole so nothing falls in the clitch.

The next big common ground is above the relays under the dash. Maybe 8 or more grounds on one post.

Check the battery. If it is low, get the entire system checked. The battery light coming on could mean a dead alternator or VR.
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2010 | 08:04 PM
oazix
Instructor

thanks i'll check these out, the battery light comes on when you put the key in the ignition, should have specified that, not when the car is running.

Quick Reply: needing help figuring out an electrical issue