Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Speakers Install (pics) w/o window removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 PM
williamoss
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a a 1995 968 with the 490 option, i.e. 10 speaker setup. I do not have either amp, and the speakers are getting old. Any suggestions as to speakers that will fit in all locations, Any recommendations on amps that will fit under seats. Oh by the way my drivers seat is 8 way adjustable.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:36 AM
svx604
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very late post I know, possible to get the speaker model of the kappa's?
Old 05-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by williamoss
I have a a 1995 968 with the 490 option, i.e. 10 speaker setup. I do not have either amp, and the speakers are getting old. Any suggestions as to speakers that will fit in all locations, Any recommendations on amps that will fit under seats. Oh by the way my drivers seat is 8 way adjustable.
I put a Memphis 4 Chanel Marine Amp in my 968. It is very small and I mounted it on the bottom side of the glove box. It is out of sight unless you bend over and look under the dash. If you are interested let me know and I will take a picture.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...fiers/16sa450/
Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOp
I installed my rear speakers today...noticed nobody has posted a photo log. Contrary to Clark's Garage...you only have to remove two screws. The two closest to the seat at the bottom. You also only have to remove the the bottom portion of the rear panel from the window.

Anyway...here's some pics.

tools...a coat hanger and small flat tip screwdriver

pulling the panel from under the window seal...

You only have to pull out to just above where the window curves up...

You can pull the panel about 8 inches away from the speaker. There is a plastic clip that pops out...

Mines a 85.5 so it has just the 4x6 cut out...

The old ones are pretty trashed...putting in an Infinity Kappa plate speaker.

Installing it with a right angle screwdriver...

Sounds 100% better.

Also many dont know this but Porsche made speaker spacers/grills for the front. I found some on ebay...they allow for a lot of options for speakers.

Installed...

Cheers....
It takes me maybe 2-3 minutes to pop one window out, and maybe twice the time to pop the glass back in. This way I won't damage/ break/crack any interior parts and I know it's done right. And, should I drop anything such as a spacer or a screw no big deal, always accessible. Do that with the panel still in place....

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers Install (pics) w/o window removal