Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help the little guy and let the little guy help you.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Treiber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Help the little guy and let the little guy help you.

Hi everyone. I joined rennlist months ago but have not posted in a while. I am fairly new to Porsche ownership. My name is Matt Treiber and I currently own a 1987 944 and a 1984 944. I bought the 1987 model first. It is finished in guards red with a black leather interior. So far I have purchased and installed C2 Turbo wheels 17 X 7.5 (front) and 17 X 9 (rear). I have also installed a customized exhaust system. I only know of one other Porsche that has this type of exhaust system. The man that owns it has this system on a Boxster S and competes in SCCA events. Anyways, my other 944 is a work in progress. I am almost finished and ready to compete in SCCA events. Anyways, my dad and I are huge Porsche fans. We own our own automotive service and repair shop. We have recently had more and more Porsche cars in our shop for tires and other various things. We offer the most competitive prices in our area and we are trying to spread the influence of Porsche into our surrounding communities. One of the reasons I am posting is because I have a lot to offer in selling tires. I sell Michelin, BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton, Pirelli, Hankook, and Capitol tires. I feel that I can offer all of you competitive prices. I might not always be willing to beat places like Tire Rack, but I can come close. I would love to help and do business with fellow Porsche owners and enthusiasts. I love Porsche cars. Nothing else gives me such a pleasure. I am very young, but I have had the priveledge of driving several different Porsche cars. I have driven 911s from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. I have also driven 944s, a 944S2, and a 944 Turbo S. I study Porsche information all the time. I'm sorry I wrote a novel. I guess I'm just making up for all of those months that I didn't post! Anyways, thanks for reading my post. If you are interested in purchasing any tires, wheels, or just want to introduce yourself or ask questions, feel free to e-mail me at GuruofPorsche@aol.com. I will be glad to hear from all of you. Thanks!
Matt Treiber
Old 09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
FXMaster
Instructor

What state are you located in?
Old 09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I would take a wild guess and say Alabama
Old 09-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
We have a winner!

Welcome to the list. Who made your exhaust? Got some details for us?
Old 09-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would rather not discuss the little guy, and whatever help he may or may not grant or recieve, on a public family-oriented forum.

I'm just an old-fashioned fellow, I guess.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:22 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

So profound Thaddeus, and yet, so simple.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Treiber
Banned

Talking

Hahaha. That's pretty funny Thad. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was not refering to my *****. I'm sure you all know by little guy I mean that I am not a large corporation. I guess I could of worded it a little better. It does sound like "Help the ***** and the ***** will help you." lol. Anyways, Perry asked about my exhaust system. I have installed a SuperTrapp tuneable muffler with a Porsche wheel center cap on the end. SuperTrapp mufflers have baffles in the end of the muffler that let you control the flow and sound of the exhaust. I saw a similiar system on a Boxster S at the Visit 2.0 in Bowling Green Kentucky at the Corvette museum. It is noticebly louder than the stock exhaust system, but it is a tuned sound. It does not sound like a dinky Honda Civic with a big tin can as a muffler. That is my pet peve by the way. I can not stand souped up hondas. I also hate trucks. I guess I'm not your typical Alabamian. There are so many rednecks here it is not even funny. I'm just glad that I'm not one of them. Thanks for the responses!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:49 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Treiber, Where in Alabama ? I live 1 hour north of Huntsville

Quick Reply: Help the little guy and let the little guy help you.