Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUYER BEWARE: CakeCookiePie

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
mzman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE: CakeCookiePie

Just want to warn my fellow listers about an ebay seller to avoid. cakecookiepie on ebay is selling broken parts and making up excuses, calling me a liar, and modifying his return policy just to exclude me being able to send back a part I ordered from him.

Only after I got ebay involved did he start to respond to my emails by making accusations that I broke the part. (Somehow its my fault that it was broken between the time he sent it and the time I received it).

I just hope that ebay can take care of this problem.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you buy?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
mzman
Instructor

Originally Posted by carlege
what did you buy?
fuel pump

He is trying to say that my car has preexisting problems and that the fuel pump is fine.

I bench tested the part before I put it in my car and the motor just makes a thud and does not spin. I even double checked by hooking it in to the car just to make sure and it made no difference. After I had that trouble I went to Autozone and bought a brand new pump bench tested it then put it in my car and now my car works again. So I know my car has no problems and that the pump sent to me is dead.

I think its very possible that it was damaged in the mail, I hear these pumps can get messed up by being dented which stops the impeller from spinning.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:03 PM
catamax944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got from him a third brake light last week but i chose to detour it by my aunt's place in NY so i have not seen it yet and i also left him positive feedback sight unseen.I hope it's in one piece lol,i'll let you guys know after i get it.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, I have seen cakecookiepies stuff and never bought.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE

I have bought several items from him before and have been lucky that they were in better condition than I expected. Go figure??? Anything you buy on ebay is a gamble.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 05-08-2010, 08:50 AM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

I bought some stuff from this seller around one month ago.

He's not very quick to reply but my parts were as expected (but I haven't installed them yet...)
Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 AM
metal144
Advanced

It's tough bought two fuel pumps last year both work intermittently one seller refunded my money still waiting on the other guy. I would report it to pay-pal you should get your money back used parts are a crap shoot.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 AM
wittsend
Intermediate

Originally Posted by metal144
It's tough bought two fuel pumps last year both work intermittently one seller refunded my money still waiting on the other guy. I would report it to pay-pal you should get your money back used parts are a crap shoot.
Talk about crap shoots, if you choose to go with paypal buyer protection and figure it's a slam dunk to get your money back, forget it. This will only waste your time and make this experience more aggravating . Sorry to say, You may have to eat this one. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Dryslick13
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought an AC switch, rear hatch opener motor, and gearshift assembly. All but the gear shifter were as advertised. The shifter had a good bit of wear on the pin(especially for a 60K mile car). I did use the other parts that came with it and he did the price of 1 item shipped and combined all in one package. So I had a mixed experience with his stuff.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
mzman
Instructor

I am very glad to see that other people are having good experiences with the seller. I still would be very weary about buying any high ticket items from him.

Update: He has reluctantly decided to let me return the part, he said he is refunding my money only because he is "so confident that the pump works and that it is 1000% my car or user error."

What I find strange is his unwillingness to let me return the part. If he is so confident in the part why didn't he just refund my money and I return the part to him and he puts it back on ebay? Him making so much of a fuss about it makes me think even more that he knows it has issues.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:40 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I got a bag from him and nothing but stems and seeds......damn it!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 AM
bamf3000
4th Gear

Looks like he is at it again. Only this time after "selling" me some spindles, he changed his seller rating to private, so he can't sell things right now and so no one can see the comments. I'm assuming he is expecting negative feedback.

He won't respond and just marks the item shipped with no tracking and it's been over 3 weeks. Burned again when using Ebay.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

I've bought a number of items from this seller over the years. No problems with him, but I guess we haven't really bought any parts that could be a gamble...

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE: CakeCookiePie