Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place to get VDO products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 02:31 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Post Best place to get VDO products?

Specifically I'm looking for a white faced fuel pressure gauge, and a white faced water temp gauge (I know I have that in the cluster but I want a second opinion, something tapped right into the water system).

TIA,
Matt
Old 09-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Matt Olde:
<strong>Specifically I'm looking for a white faced fuel pressure gauge, and a white faced water temp gauge (I know I have that in the cluster but I want a second opinion, something tapped right into the water system).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Matt, try e-gauges. I haven't done business with them, but I've heard a lot of recommendations and the prices are among the best I've seen.

<a href="http://www.egauges.com/" target="_blank">http://www.egauges.com/</a>

As for tying into the water system, I have some electric water temp sending unit adapters that splice into a 35mm (1 3/8") ID hose. I don't know if they will fit the 944 (we're currently making them for a variety of Nissans). They use a 1/8 NPT sending unit and have a ground screw (the sending unit has one wire, the + wire, and since they splice into the raditor hose, the unit must be grounded).

If this is what you were thinking of and it will fit, I have them in stock. They are CNC machined out of aluminum. I am also contemplating getting these made for the 944 if it is a different size (but I haven't decided yet). All I have to do is adjust some dimensions in the drawings and we can generate the tool paths for making them usings CNC equipment.

Quick Reply: Best place to get VDO products?