Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Intake Project Completed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by instigator:
<strong>hey guys since we are on this subject about making our own "cold air system" i noticed last night on <a href="http://www.davelength.net/car/bigsix.html" target="_blank">http://www.davelength.net/car/bigsix.html</a> that he has got an afm from an bmw e28 that came stock with the flange on the afm. i am in the proccess of getting one of these afm to see if the flange will fit our afm (since it is a bosch unit it just might) so off to the junk yard i will go.

this will hopefully save a little for the adapters and also its is contoured inside the adapter for better air flo i know that some of the **** that is made today is just a flange with a pipe welded to it, which in my opinion aint worth a crap in the performace and asthetics dept.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Instigator I remember someone saying a long time ago that you can bolt up some part from a 928 that will increase airflow to the car...maybe it was the AFM off one or something...but there's also a "flapper" mod....whatever that is...if anyone has info on that tell me please cuz i'm always open to upgrades.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:12 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just don't extend it down to create ram-air cold air. I did it with the filter down right behind the front valance using 3" aluminum piping that would have gone on a honda. I gained some top end, but the loss of low end was too much and I took it apart after a few days. Sure looked good, polished pipes.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Project Completed!