Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$4300 951 Craigslist scam guy contacted me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 AM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottOgle
That guy was actually selling a Questar telescope
Now that would be interesting. Anything identifying like a serial number?

I drive past Questar twice a day on the way to work and back.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 AM
ScottOgle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No serial numbers that I recall; didn't get that far in the transaction. He had a good picture posted...just the story line that he lived here in Austin but was working in Montana but had the scope up there with him and wanted to conduct the transaction on ebay. Sounded too good to be true so I opted out. Much lower price (half) than you'd expect to pay at a place like Astromart (used scopes, etc)

Scott
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey I bought it too, but I have a good offer from a guy in Nigeria to flip it.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin_944
Gents, at the moment the 4300 turbo is listed in the following places: Las vegas, houston, Topeka, Philly, Parkersburg, Lanford, Sacramento, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Grand Rapids, Dallas, Miami and Laredo. These are a few of the listings...
Add Indianaplis and Cincinnati. I e-mailed and got the same crap. Disappointing, but at the same time it's good to know I'm not a complete idiot (and fall for his scam).
Old 03-29-2010, 05:13 PM
DetectiveHiramPD
1st Gear

Hi everyone,

I'm a detective with the Hiram Police Department, in Hiram, Georgia. I believe we have an active investigation on the individual that this thread is about. The email address listed here is one of the email addresses we have found with our victims. The craigslist postings match 100%.

What we need is for every victim to come forward to us, so we can tie this all in between us and every other agency currently involved.

Please contact me at the following email address: psabetazm AT hiram-ga DOT gov

Or, you can contact the Police Department's main number at 770-943-3087.

We appreciate everyone's cooperation, we would love to be able to tie every case together.

Thanks,
Detective P. Sabetazm
Hiram Police Department
Hiram, GA
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
THETINTMASTER
Intermediate

Old 03-29-2010, 05:53 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is badass. Its legit now, this guy is going down !!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 AM
rmmontanez3
2nd Gear

Default HEY I got this same email but for a Mini Cooper on AutoTrader............

Here is the email he sent me. the funny thing is when I looked up the Vin# the transmission is automatic not manual.. The guy saw my adress for California and told me that the car was in St Louis but funny thing is I am here for school so ill see what he has to say when i request to look at it.

Mon, April 19, 2010 5:00:34 PM
2009 Mini Cooper 2DR CPE S $4300
anthony garcia <anthonygarcia003@gmail.com>
Add to Contacts
To:

Hi,the car is still available. It has no scratches or any kind of damage, I have the clean title under my name. It is located in St. Louis, MO . The full price is $4,300 , it is lower because I need to sell it fast, I've just divorced and I'm moving to Canada, I want to get rid of all the things than remember me about the past. Anyway , the shipping fees are included in the buy it now price, and all the documents will be provided along with the car. I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer..so if you are really interested in buying it and you have the full amount, please reply so I can provide to you more info.

Year: 2009
Make: MINI
Model: COOPER S
VIN: WMWMF73529TT97347
Mileage: 1,496
Transmission: Manual
Engine: 4 CYLINDER 1.6 LITER TURBO Gasoline
Exterior Color: Yellow
Interior color: Black
Title: Clear

Vin report
The VIN you provided belongs to a vehicle that was manufactured in Germany by the Mini corporation.

2009 MINI
COOPER S
VIN:WMWMF73529TT97347
World region:Europe
Manufactured in:Germany
Year:2009
Make:Mini
Model:COOPER S
Body style:Hatchback 2 Door
Transmission:6 Spd Automatic
Drive type:FWD
Cylinders:4 Cylinders
Standard options:Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Windows, Tilt Wheel, ABS (4-Wheel)

Share this report: http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vinDe...MF73529TT97347
Attached Images  

Last edited by rmmontanez3; 04-20-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

What's to say he's even in your country? All he's waiting on is a wire payment no?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
rmmontanez3
2nd Gear

not sure what that has to do with anything, lol I was just curious to what he says when I try to go see it. but it hasnt gotten as far as payment yet.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
sTyleR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default BUMP

Buyer beware!

What gave it away for me was the insanely quick email replies, which all seemed scripted with instructions on how to proceed. I never showed interest in wanting to take an initiative in buying the car, I just had a few questions. I was leery about the whole relocation and foreclosure thing. While there are occasional deals to be had, this one just seemed to generic to be real.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
drewman
1st Gear

I have no porsche but am an Infiniti man myself. I came across this pathfinder listed on Columbus, OH craigslist in my search and it is the exact same! The ink has been flagged and no longer available. Here is his e-mail: suesornst@gmail.com name: Daniel Maurer.

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3,700. It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents. You will inspect the vehicle before the payment will be made. I temporarily moved in Chester, MT with my work and I have the vehicle with me. All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price because I won a promotion at DAS auto shippers (1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. I am selling the vehicle under market value because I need to pay the bank or they will take my house. Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.
Specs: 2001 NISSAN PATHFINDER LE // Miles: 93,675 // 1 Owner // Clear Title // 4 WHEEL DRIVE // Engine: 3.5L V6 SFI DOHC // Transmission: Automatic // Ext&Int Color: White with Tan // Leather Seats // Power Glass Sunroof // Garage Kept // NON-Smoker.

Thanks,
Old 06-11-2010, 05:00 PM
James Chimney
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I think this is the guy posting that 951 all over Cragslist USA for $4300- Anyone want to talk to him>? Here is the scam, if it is... sounds fishy to me! (no offense Fishey)

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $4,300. It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents. You will inspect the vehicle before the payment will be made. I temporarily moved in Chester MT, with my work and I have the vehicle with me. All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price because I won a promotion at DAS auto shippers (1 free shipping+$500). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. I am selling the vehicle under market value because I need to pay the bank or they will take my house.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.
Specs: 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo /// VIN: WP0AA0953GN153890 /// 84,600 miles /// Leather seats /// Sunroof /// CD player /// Cruise control /// Power locks /// Power seats /// Power windows /// Air conditioning /// 1 Owner /// Clear Title /// Non-Smoker /// Garage kept.

Thanks,

Hi,

We can deal using eBay.Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.
2. They will send us the forms by email - for you about the payment.
3. I will send the vehicle to your location and you will send the payment at eBay.
4. After you will inspect the vehicle and decide to keep it, they will transfer the money into my account.

RETURN POLICY:
If by any reason the vehicle is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because the vehicle is in excellent condition.
As soon as the vehicle arrives, you will test it and if it does not match 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 5 working days since the arrival date. In this case you will send me the vehicle in the same condition you received it.

I prefer to use DAS Auto Shippers for shipping because I was pleased with their services. The estimated time of delivery is 5 days, with no scratches, it is professionally crated.Good faith has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach.

Please provide me with your full name and shipping address so I can register the deal with eBay.

Thanks

702-430-9646 I am in Chester MT read my firs email.We will use a wire transfer as a payment method.You will send payment to eBay's agent and not to my account. They will hold payment until you will confirm that you are in possession of the vehicle. Only after you will tell them that everything is ok they will send payment to my account. So, as you can easilee see, you are fully protected in this transaction. Also after eBay will confirm that they received payment to their agent, I will ship the vehicle the very next day . With the vehicle you will also receive all it's papers, including a bill of sale.After you will receive the vehicle and see that is ok, you have to announce them that you have it.Only then eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection will send me the money. I will not receive any money before you will receive the vehicle.
Please reply with full buyer's name and shipping address

Thanks

Daniel Maurer [b.youngthebest.a@gmail.com]
I just bought my 944 6 weeks a ago and saw his add (the add stated it was close by me) and that he moved to the north west and I got the same email from him, I didn't want to buy a car if I didn't see it.
needless to say I bought from a local (actually his Porsche mechanic sold it for him). He told me he "had to sell his baby and I wouldn't be disappointed" I wonder if he even has the car or just pictures? wow hope some one catches him if this is a scam.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:28 AM
944Ross
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He had a "1973 Mini Classic" on eBay last week with a vague description of some Honda motor, pictures that showed a '99 Mini with airbags, asking ~$3k opening bid. When I asked how a '73 could have airbags and be titled as a '99, he sent this:

"Thank you for your interest in my 1973 Mini Classic. I want you to know
that I closed my auction earlier because someone offered me the buy it
now price, but didn't have all the money available and I cannot accept
financing. The price I want to obtain for the car is $2,800 US (this
price includes shipping and insurance charges).
The car is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with
no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept, low
miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. It is a US model with US specs and
passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally.The car
is insured in case of damage and you will receive it to your address in
5 working days . It will come with all the necessary papers (clear
title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user's manual,insurance etc).
The title is clear and you will be able to register the car in your
state without any problems.
I am requesting a $2,800 refundable deposit at the beginning of the
shipping....waiting for your fast answer, Dr. Alexander Garrett"

Sent it to Spoof@eBay.com, usual form letter reply. They don't care.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Cone_eater
Racer

take this guy the StrekStrekStrekStrek down!!!! he has 2500 of me and a buddies money over a ZX6R. Same story. We have a lawyer involved but no results. this was over 6 months ago. he has you paypal him the cash and then pulls the money and closed all acconts. bad deal. wound still has not healed... grrrr

Quick Reply: $4300 951 Craigslist scam guy contacted me?