Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good price for a '90 s2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Yes Tom $ 7,500.oo but did your car had all the extras equipment that this car have? ________ PPI-Pre Purchase Inspection you want to make sure to get the PPI from a shop who know's 944S2 like the back of there hand.
It had more. see below

It comes with 2 sets of wheels and a 5 point harness system with a sparco seat aas well as the original drivers seats. It seems I will be able to resell the entire system for around $500.

"non smoker, always garaged,Sparco driver's seat,incuding original leather driver's seat Teamtech 5pt. harnesses. B-K Harness bar. B-K fire extinguisher mount. Adjustable camber plates B-K strut tower brace. Bilstein sport shocks & struts, H&R front springs MO30 Anti-sway bars, Stainless Steel Brake lines,Recent A/C charge, sirius raidio ready, new fuel pump, new water pump 90k service complete. New high flow muffler / cat bypass test pipe"
I got 7500 for a car with M030 shocks, 2k on a new clutch, sensors, etc. about 7k on the wp, belts, service records from day one, no dash cracks, a set of near new michelin pilot a/s on 968 rims, D90s with shot dunlops.

I sold the weltmeister sways recently for i think 400, so for 500 he could have had the weltmeisters. for another 500 he could have had third set of rims, 968 16x8s, the weltmeister strut tower brace was bought here for about 150 what are we up to 8500 with half the miles, a brand new clutch and a third set of wheels in the preferred non staggered setup. harness bars are cheap, used fire extinguisher mounts are cheap, a new FE mount from the shop in NJ is about $60.

The seat and harnesses have minimal value.

How old are the 5 pt harnesses? they cant run with PCA if over 5 years.

i posted what i sold it for so the OP could use it as a gage. I figured he could do the math on the differences. Do they make bilsteins for late offset 944s? How do they compare to koni coilovers with porsche part numbers on them? does it matter that my car was corner balanced? who cares!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Ok Tom but did you read my question carefully the answers you post is exactly what i wanted to know wasn't trying to put down your car was just wondering why so much difference in prizes , can't still figure out the car is sold probably at the asking prize & you had to let your's go for $7,500.oo with all the goodies you mention .Will location make that much difference Denver CO versus Harford CT.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Ok Tom but did you read my question carefully the answers you post is exactly what i wanted to know wasn't trying to put down your car was just wondering why so much difference in prizes , can't still figure out the car is sold probably at the asking prize & you had to let your's go for $7,500.oo with all the goodies you mention .Will location make that much difference Denver CO versus Harford CT.
cant put down the car, i dont have it any more. i couldnt get more in november 08. dont know if location plays that much. there are more on the east coast than here in denver, but also more buyers. i know that car cost me a lot of $ to own. i let it go with only the extra set of wheels. couldnt pull the shocks and install stock ones. the cost would outweigh the benefit. my buyer got a real nice solid car. i hope he is enjoying it. he was a very nice guy to deal with.
i did pull off the sways, strut brace and roll bar for the 951S that replaced it. the ubyer of the 951S got the stb ans roll bar.

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for a '90 s2?