Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Insurance-Who's best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:54 AM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay:
<strong>And last summer when I totaled the Bimmer in a head on they did not even raise my premiums. They took care of everything.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Just browsing through and saw this. I have my bike coverage through Progressive. I've had one ticket, and one at-fault and my premium for this next year is $50 less than it was before the wreck and ticket. At first I thought it was just me. Glad to know someone else has the luck I do with insurance.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:26 AM
lutz
Instructor

I just got a quote from grundy just to see. Are specialty insurers like grundy a good way to go? I mean if something happens can i feel safe with an insurer like this or should i stay with the regular ones like allstate.

Anyone have any run ins with any specialty insurers?
Old 03-20-2003, 11:50 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Yesterday I requested a quote from Grundy's website which was not bad. But they have not contacted me nor do they seem to offer a phone number where I can call...kinda makes me wonder...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by lutz:
<strong>I just got a quote from grundy just to see. Are specialty insurers like grundy a good way to go? I mean if something happens can i feel safe with an insurer like this or should i stay with the regular ones like allstate.

Anyone have any run ins with any specialty insurers?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 03-20-2003, 12:45 PM
lutz
Instructor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Treeclaw:
[QB]Yesterday I requested a quote from Grundy's website which was not bad. But they have not contacted me nor do they seem to offer a phone number where I can call...kinda makes me wonder...

I found this at the bottom of there site...i have not called it yet to see
800-338-4005
215-674-1856
Old 03-20-2003, 01:00 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Yep, I found it too just after posting. Gave them a call. The rep explained their general procedures reviewing new applicants. As it seems they will not take applications over the phone like for example Haggerty. I get the feeling Grundy might be a very small, understaffed company...I might stick with my current policy.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by lutz:
<strong>[QUOTE]Originally posted by Treeclaw:
I found this at the bottom of there site...i have not called it yet to see
800-338-4005
215-674-1856</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 03-20-2003, 04:34 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

I turned down Gieco when they informed me that I am required to always wear my helmet on the motorcycle, I wear it but won't have it dictated to me.

I understand that they are also big into anti radar detector legislation and supply radar units to police forces.

To me it's like being a NRA member and donating money to anti gun groups.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:52 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had good luck with State Farm and have always had them....my current agent isn't what the previous one quite was, but I've still gotten treated well 99% of the time dealing with them. They did decline a bit of a towing charge once when I was on the road and had a coolant hose blow out on me....that was a nightmare as I ended up having to help change the hose and still got hosed for the cost of the repair. Doh!

Now, Gieco....just hearing that name makes me cringe. I've heard too many horror stories about what they do to people who even get one ticket or have one accident to ever consider them. And yes, they are big contributors of radar and lidar guns to police departments around the country. If you pay then money to insure you, you are also paying to help the cops catch you if you are speeding.....your money may help to buy the radar gun that nails you!

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:52 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a quote from Grundy. 75% less per year. Looks like I'll be talking with them after work.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:14 PM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone on the board have multiple cars insured with Progressive??

I was always under the impression that a secondary car was usually considerably cheaper to insure than a daily driver. I'm being charged a grand $30 less a year for my 951. Hell, last year I barely put 2k miles on it!!!

I do not want to complain too much because I am getting a good deal (at least considering my record) on my daily driver. I was hoping it was just because I was under 25 at the time that I purchased the Porsche, but it did not change after 25.

Quick Reply: Car Insurance-Who's best?