Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fantasy 944 (Forza 3).

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a long-time fan of GTR2, a PC game that has a large following, including downloadable tracks (nogripracing.com). Compared to GTR2, Forza 3 is still very much an arcade experience. The dynamics are a little bit cartoon-ish with lurid powerslides that rarely turn into spins, and you can bang a wall at 180MPH and suffer no adverse effects (other than cosmetic). Even the tuning function (suspension, engine, aero) is less realistic than GTR2.

I am surprised at how much I enjoy the graphics program. It took a while to get into it, but I'm having fun.

Yesterday I had my first online, multiplayer racing experience. It was fun, embarrassing and frankly creepy. One race involved an Australian guy who cursed like a drunken sailor and who had been awake for 3 days straight playing the game. I had to send the kids out of the room!
Haha, i hate to sound like i am trolling but you can only compare a PC sim to a 360 sim so much .

I am as well a fan of GTR2, but it has its major flaws. Currently because everything is so damn polished and worth the money, i can't help but even think about GTR2 when i compare it to Iracing...but don't worry this won't be another Iracing rant lol.

Basically, GTR2 has what i want (Diversity of cars and real life tracks), Rfactor has tons of mods and a huge game community, Iracing has all the realism and track detail AND multi player experience that you would ever need. IMO Poto, you have given a very unreal review on Forza 3. Heres an idea, turn all the assists off and see what you get. But don't listen to me about how i disagree with the realism of Forza 3, go check out InsideSimRacing..hard to argue with the full time critics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/simracin.../8/VID_ndJJ3pI
Old 02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
WizPorsche944
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres mine
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Banshee
Haha, i hate to sound like i am trolling but you can only compare a PC sim to a 360 sim so much .

I am as well a fan of GTR2, but it has its major flaws. Currently because everything is so damn polished and worth the money, i can't help but even think about GTR2 when i compare it to Iracing...but don't worry this won't be another Iracing rant lol.

Basically, GTR2 has what i want (Diversity of cars and real life tracks), Rfactor has tons of mods and a huge game community, Iracing has all the realism and track detail AND multi player experience that you would ever need. IMO Poto, you have given a very unreal review on Forza 3. Heres an idea, turn all the assists off and see what you get. But don't listen to me about how i disagree with the realism of Forza 3, go check out InsideSimRacing..hard to argue with the full time critics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/simracin.../8/VID_ndJJ3pI
Don't get me wrong. I am really enjoying Forza 3. But I really do not care much about the graphic detail or the high-end tuning. I would be happier with basic cars and more setup options.

Last night I had a blast going one-on-one with a guy "driving" a Celica and me in a Civic Mugen at Laguna Seca. I was the faster car overall, but he had me in the straights and did a fair job holding position in the turns. I could lay back and get him after a turn with better exit speed, but I could not hold him off. Basically, I needed him to make a mistake and he didn't.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michel944
Here's mine in "patriotic" colors.....
Dude, that's sick. can you gift the color scheme to me?

Boostin 5280
Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
michel944
Pro

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Dude, that's sick. can you gift the color scheme to me?

Boostin 5280
You have to go on the Forza storefront and buy it ! Choose your car model on the list and then scroll down the different liveries available !
Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by 944Spec_Bound
You can tune the 944T in the game to kick butt on most supercars...R8, Ford GT, Lambos, Vettes, Vipers, etc.

I actually tuned it to match as close to my 944 as possible, same weight, tires,spring rate, alignment, swaybars, brakes. Just couldn't detune the HP.

I've got the whole big screen, surround sound and driving seat/wheel setup. I wanted to make it a useful simulator for Laguna Seca practice, and it feels pretty close. I had to increase the gear ratios alot, the game is way low. Forza's about a 1:40 car, in reality I do about 1:55. So minus the turbo and HP, pretty close.
The big limitation (unless I'm missing something) is that there is no rear wing available for the 944 on Forza. I went nuts and pumped my 944 up to like 500HP and it could go well over 200 MPH. But it was virtually uncontrollable. Once you have your fun with HP, you realize that the fun driving is in the lower HP models. Kind of like real life!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
944Spec_Bound
Intermediate

I used the 944T to win all 1st places in every race level possible, from D class up to R3 on the hardest difficulty.
Try converting it to AWD, then max everything out. The AWD version tuned for A class kicks butt in online races.
Ya, it's no longer a simulatation then, but it's kind of like what I imagine an Audi Quattro drivetrain 944 would feel like.

Last edited by 944Spec_Bound; 02-17-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: oops
Old 02-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Banshee
Instructor

I used the 944T to win all 1st places in every race level possible, from D class up to R3 on the hardest difficulty.
Try converting it to AWD, then max everything out. The AWD version tuned for A class kicks butt in online races.
Ya, it's no longer a simulatation then, but it's kind of like what I imagine an Audi Quattro drivetrain 944 would feel like.
Haha thats sick dude im actually gonna try that now lol.

Now you said, all races..meaning all the ones that its qualified for right?

P.S. Hey poto what wheels are you using in your first pic? I think ive found them because i like the low profile you have there. Normally i hate low profile look but it looks great on the 944. When i found the rim that i thought was yours, i bumped it up to the second highest width setting, seems to match about right.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

P.S. Hey poto what wheels are you using in your first pic? I think ive found them because i like the low profile you have there. Normally i hate low profile look but it looks great on the 944. When i found the rim that i thought was yours, i bumped it up to the second highest width setting, seems to match about right.
I don't remember. If I change wheels I normally go with Fikse since they are light.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Banshee
Instructor

Hey guys you know what would be sick, it seems as if all of us play Forza3 enough that maybe we could get a 944 only race goin..just a little fun exhibition thing, nothing serious. Maybe keep it clean best we can..or not depending on our skills collectively.

Now i havn't played online yet (for some reason) but you can make invite only races correct? Maybe something to consider.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Hey guys you know what would be sick, it seems as if all of us play Forza3 enough that maybe we could get a 944 only race goin..just a little fun exhibition thing, nothing serious. Maybe keep it clean best we can..or not depending on our skills collectively.

Now i havn't played online yet (for some reason) but you can make invite only races correct? Maybe something to consider.
That would be great. We could set a class limit (A or B) and just go at it! I'm still a noob and don't know how to do private races, but I'm game.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM
michel944
Pro

Yeahhh me too I'm a taker. Some Rennlist Canada members (me included) are already having a race series against guys from the Corvette Forum. Porsche vs Corvettes, limit is R3 745 and is limited to 911 bodies (any models) and any Corvettes. Check the Canadian section of the Forum and look for the Forza thread on the first page.

It's still a good idea to run a 944 fun race between us. I'd say logical limit should be A600. First thing to do would be to put your gamer tags in here so we can add each other then be able to host a race.

Mine is.............michel944 ! Easy !
Old 02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by michel944
Yeahhh me too I'm a taker. Some Rennlist Canada members (me included) are already having a race series against guys from the Corvette Forum. Porsche vs Corvettes, limit is R3 745 and is limited to 911 bodies (any models) and any Corvettes. Check the Canadian section of the Forum and look for the Forza thread on the first page.

It's still a good idea to run a 944 fun race between us. I'd say logical limit should be A600. First thing to do would be to put your gamer tags in here so we can add each other then be able to host a race.

Mine is.............michel944 ! Easy !
My tag is...... pepe fofo
Old 02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
944Spec_Bound
Intermediate

I'm in. Tag is... KGADD
on Pacific time.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Banshee
Instructor

Alright GREAT guys, i am pacific as well.

Only one thing...lol :P . I SO want one but i don't quite have a 360 yet, so what i did was i went in half with my friend who does on Forza 3, and turned out hes actually liking it quite a bit so next time i am over at his house i will have to ask him to add you guys.

Also, we could/should set up a general meeting time on here, are you guys free during weekends? If so/if not what time ? I will add you guys regardless and if your on we can chat it up there.

Quick Reply: Fantasy 944 (Forza 3).