Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine reseal / overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:15 PM
catamax944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you get the spax suspension please let me know what you think of it, i was thinking of getting this one http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod84...4-TURBO---968/ but i'm not sure about quality.It's either that or empty the pockets for a kw v3.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:49 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catamax944
If you get the spax suspension please let me know what you think of it, i was thinking of getting this one http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod84...4-TURBO---968/ but i'm not sure about quality.It's either that or empty the pockets for a kw v3.
Will do, but I think the Spax is a good uppgrade from stock. Not as good as Koni's but pretty close after what I have read on some forums.

Update on the car is gett it the hell away from my x house, She is and Im getting it outside my apartment tomorow morning so I will tha photos of the parts I got and what I have done in the weekend Then it will be time to crank up the worktime and
Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I just removed an NA motor and put in a Turbo. The whole motor was redone, even painting every nut and bolt as factory does. I am told, the car will have over 300rwhp when completed, which will be this Saturday. I actually replaced everything on the car with different setups. Motor, Trans, Suspension, ECU, 4" Exhaust, Clutch. Really the only things I kept were the frame and the original Nile Green body.
I had Jason from Exotic Motor Werks in Plainview NY do the job. I just can not do that work any longer. Not enough time nor tools. Good luck with yours and enjoy.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Sephencs601 thx and I will need the luck to get it done If I only had the cash I would send the engine in and have it redone with a SC on it, but in norway the cost of that would be around 8-10.000,- USD including the paint, bolts and SC stage 2 kit. So only the work will be around $5-7000

I could always sell the one I have and get a turbo or S2, but I want something else. Want it totaly custom in my way with a SC at the end 222rwhp is plenty for my 944, its gonna be a car I use every day so I has to be gental on the mpg :P

All I need to do now is build myself something to pull the engine out with. And I have to do all the work outside Or build/buy some temporary garage/tent so I can work when it rains to, Bergen city in Norway has around 200+ raindays a year so I gues its gonna be some sort of tent...
Old 03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Portable garage will do it. Spend the 600-800usd for a good one.

Good luck and move to where there are more sunny days.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:05 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Heyy Stephen, you have to take me for a ride in that thing !!!!! I bet your hella excited for it to be saturday already haha.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Geldfalle 944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colorado has 300 plus sunny days a year. Even after the storm we just had the sun is already coming out.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Man I wish I could move to the states one day ! Would be GREAT
Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

So this day I got alot done in 6 houres
I had already disconected all wires, hoses and bolts from the engine, taken out the tranny and washed it and slided the tourqe tube back to make space for the engine to be lifted out.
I have read alot on rennlist about ppl taking it out from the top and thats what I wanted to do to. It was REALY easy ! I have never ever seen or done an engine swap before in real life. Only seen and read about it on the internet, but I had 2 friends that know alot that watched me and help with the hard parts for one man to do. I did almost all myself so that I can learn the best way.
My "old" engine that was in the car have ether some cracked seals or a cracked block (hope not) so Im gonna to wash it and rebuild it if its only the seals that are broken.
So the engine I have put in the car now was a spare I shopped from a parts car that had 140000km on it and was running when it was taken out of the car. I had to store it ouside for 3 months with little cover so I still hope it works ok for 3-4 months I will use to rebuild the "old" one.

I have new ignitionwires, distibutorcap/rotor, sparkplugs, referencesensors, coil, belts, blue vacumlines, breakfluid resovare, coolant resovare, blue lindsey coolant hose kit and some other small parts to on the spare engine. Got it poped back in to the car and will start connection all the hoses and wires friday

Enjoy the photos...

The "old" engine on its way out, and out with the BROWN oil with alot of coolant in it :/

The "new" spare engine with some of the parts on it installed onto the engine mounts ready to get wired and hosed up

Last edited by FabilichuS; 04-01-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Question : is the ignitionwires hooked up right ? From left top corner 1-2, bottom left corner 3-4 ?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:30 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

And this is just the new foglights and the bucket lights I have.

This baby's are gonna look sweet when I get my bumper fixed

For sale :

Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 PM
krystar
Drifting

dood! how did u get the engine off/on the driveshaft splines w/o tilting the engine? when I tried to do mine from the top, I couldn't get the rear of the head to clear the firewall. bare bottom end would go in just fine though.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

krystar, I took out the tranny and pulled the torqe tube back so it went out of the bellhousing. And took out the radiator. I had to pull the wheel that holds the belt for the altinator to get it clear of the hood latch.
But I got it in without to pull the wheel of the spare engine tho
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Mike C.
Drifting

Great pictures of the out-the-top process! Nice set up you have there. I like that P-Badge replacement on the nose of the car too....
Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Hehe... The lady badge I have is ther cus someone stole my Porsche badge But I think it looks pretty good tho :P

I do love my 944 and I do love my lady to
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

So got my car all back together now and have 1 problem with the cooling system. I got the temp up to almost half on the gauge. And when I put my hand on the engine its pretty darn hot. But I can't get any coolant to leak out of the bleed srew with a hole in it when i let the system presurise for a while and open it no coolant comes out.
I don't even know if ther is any water beeing pumped by the water pump, how do I test/check if the pump is pumping ?

Her is my custom temporary window leak fix tho, it works pretty good. Under half of the water that came in before comes in now, so I think its pretty normal to get alittle water inside the door.
But I DONT HAVE ANY drain HOLES in my door, I have taken out all the dirt inside the door but NO NO NO god damn drain hole, why is that ?

Quick Reply: Engine reseal / overhaul