Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Body Shop in VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Pors968
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Bad Body Shop in VA

Body Shop "MANASSAS EUROPEAN" in Manassas, Northern VA. Don't ever think about these guys. Real Nasty Painting and they don't know how to work on porsches. screwed up my factory paint and Door handle. Paint peeling in a month. F$%&#* Shop... Major Ripping. They act as a top notch but nasty. Talk to me first if you are taking Porsche/BMW/MERC there. Some of Other PCA members has same problem with them. Be carefull.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:55 PM
the timmer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thks for the heads up.

BTW, what shops do you recommend in the NoVa area for Porsche repairs and related activities. I've been recommended Eurasian out in Tysons Corner by the guy who sold me my car and I've gone to them to adjust my belts but I got possibly a $2000 repair coming up as my flex disc is likely going south (to be confirmed when I take it to a shop). But, I'd like to know of others so I can see if I can getting a good deal.

thks,
-timmer
Old 08-25-2002, 09:53 PM
Flight_951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by the timmer:
<strong>Thks for the heads up.

BTW, what shops do you recommend in the NoVa area for Porsche repairs and related activities.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've had a number of less than stellar experiences (to say the least) at shops in Northern Virginia that ranged from $468 alternators (not even Bosch) to making unauthorized repairs to hide problems that surfaced from idiots trying to fix my car.

The only shop that I have found to be both HONEST and EXPERIENCED is Dr. John's Motorsports in Sterling, VA. They actively race a couple Turbo S cars on weekends (unlike some shops that used to race them years ago.) As a bonus, Dr. John's will install mail order parts and charge only actual time not book time (from my experiences). Good luck.

Quick Reply: Bad Body Shop in VA