Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Power Of A "Thank You"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Bernie
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink The Power Of A "Thank You"

I know I'm new here and I know that the 944 list has about 3 times the traffic as the 928 site but I have noticed that many people don't post a followup or a simple thank you to a lot of the help they receive here.
I have already received a ton of useful information on this list for a car that I haven't even purchased yet and I hope some of the posts that I have made here have been helpful. I would like to be the first to say a big thank you to everyone that has posted responses to my questions.
It is a wonderful motivator to receive a simple thank you or at least "hey, it worked" from the people we post for here.
Its kinda like "the flash". If we don't constantly remind each other about the importance of brotherhood on these lists, the enthusiasm will fade and all of the extremely knowledgable people who post here on our behalf won't have any reason to do so. Its not like they get paid for doing this.
Please guys and gals, always post a followup to your posts and let everyone know that it worked or it didn't. Either way, a simple thank you goes a long way.

'86 Guards Red 944na AT (maybe??)

Old 08-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Besides being polite to say thank you, adding the final result of the "fix" adds useful information to the archive.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Bob S. 1984 Silver
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the "regulars" do, by and large do follow up. The ones that do not are largely the "one timers" with an "urgent" problem for which they need an answer "right now". I have received e-mails with results to some of the questions I have tried to answer, and I appreciate these. What is most discouraging is the folks who ask a question, get a number of good responses and then argue with the recommendations. Why do they ask in the first place?

Just my observations

Bob S.

Quick Reply: The Power Of A "Thank You"