Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Jr... supercar for street or track on pennies...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009 | 05:03 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

From: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Default Carrera GT Jr... supercar for street or track on pennies...

no affiliation... but this sure looks like a good shake.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...6-p-53416.html

ebay car + kit = $35-45k - 420 bhp, 190 mph.

EDIT: why this off-topic theread ??

somthing i notice about the 944:

"i have never heard of a car that is loved so much yet has sooo many "part outs," going on within the fleet... Maybe the Cayman will be better. So i posted it to transaxle guys who might have the answer. i also put it up on the 997, and 928 forums..."

./
Attached Images  

Last edited by odurandina; 07-11-2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: fixing a typo
Old 12-04-2009 | 05:26 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

I saw a lady get clocked in the head pretty hard with a sign once. Police had setup some extra signage during a marathon, and the bystander clipped her head while walking a step behind her husband. The sign made a loud "gong" noise and vibrated back and forth so hard that I thought the sandbags holding it in place would need reinforcement. My friend and I walking behind her had a great spot for the show and couldn't stop laughing. She glanced back at us and was faced with a choice. She could either pretend it didn't hurt at all and ignore us, or she could pretend to be injured so that we would stop laughing. Of course she didn't know that the time, but the latter wouldn't have worked. The worst part was that her husband hadn't even noticed, so she was all alone. An island of self-pity surrounded by laughing jerks. She told him about hitting her head looking for some sympathy, but our laughter had already spun the situation into unmanageable. She just couldn't win. It would have been a better move to have hit the deck when her head cracked the sign.
Old 12-04-2009 | 10:43 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

ugly *** asside, is this the future for weekend track car ? daily supercar ?
Old 12-05-2009 | 01:36 AM
Banshee
Instructor

You know tifos, i think people are starting to notice the trend, and at this point just read over your post and dont bother mentioning it because while some of these threads are offtopic...is it REALLY worth it to you to type all that out just for effect?

Even if your copying and pasting, the less smartass thing to do would be to link the forum section of where it goes, just my 2 cents.
Old 12-05-2009 | 01:40 AM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

i find it kind of funny with the totally rando posts. Especially after i get home from work n im tired and pissed off and i see that...it makes me giggle.
Old 12-05-2009 | 02:12 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Banshee
You know tifos, i think people are starting to notice the trend, and at this point just read over your post and dont bother mentioning it because while some of these threads are offtopic...is it REALLY worth it to you to type all that out just for effect?

Even if your copying and pasting, the less smartass thing to do would be to link the forum section of where it goes, just my 2 cents.
no.
Old 12-05-2009 | 02:19 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

if all there was to read every night was just all ON TOPIC ****, i would stop reading rennlist... thank God for most of the cool characters here... i love the 928 ladies and gentleman too... cool as hell... i love reading and talking about EVERYTHING PORSCHE, including everthing "transaxle 4"... but i'm not so myopic that i can't mention that the trend of turbocharging and TUNING Porsches may someday GOD FORBID not include a Porsche TRANSAXLE, as much as i love them...

especially when you have Caymans selling on ebay for $30k...

lest you forget that many readers on this forum own VERY EXPENSIVE 911s, and race transaxles on the weekends because they just so happen to be great cars... nevertheless--

what you are doing is the equivalent of telling someone who tunes his 599 when you own an F355 that he's an assbag.

sorry but he isn't... its relevant to the topic of tuning Porsche's in general, because the Cayman is mid-engined, and just as "NOT 911" as the 944 or 968 is...

sit inside a Cayman sometime... [ugly *** asside] they are very nice cars... they come with killer stereos, elegant, modern interiors with GPS, and they don't smell like mildew...

our cars are getting OLD, that our cars are really aging well can be debated [without hurting people's feelings], and to top it all off, a lot of the components in our cars are not very reliable... it's the truth. GET OVER IT... and if you can't add anything intelligable to the thread...

Last edited by odurandina; 12-11-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: mispelled "relevant"
Old 12-05-2009 | 02:33 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by odurandina
if all we had to read every night was just so ON TOPIC **** i personally would go nuts... i love reading and talking about EVERYTHING PORSCHE, including everthing "transaxle 4"... but i'm not so ****ing myopic that i can't mention that the trend of turbocharging and TUNING Porsches may someday GOD FORBID not include a Porsche TRANSAXLE, as much as i love them...\

especially when you have Caymans selling on ebay for $27k...

lest you forget that many readers on this forum own VERY EXPENSIVE 911s, and race transaxles on the weekends because they just so happen to be great cars... nevertheless--

what you are doing is the equivalent of telling someone who tunes his 599 when you own an F355 that he is an assbag.

sorry but he isn't... its VERY relavant to the topic of TRANSAXLES because the Cayman is mid-engined, and just as "NOT 911" as the transaxle is...

our cars are getting OLD. GET OVER IT.

I don't know what OUR CARS ARE GETTING OLD has to do with it.........but.......anyway........Plus I don't care what other cars people drive. Just like you shouldn't care what my other cars are, or the fact that I could afford to drive whatever the eff I decided to buy.

Hey, this is the 944 Tech Forum. It's not for political, offtopic, other cars, craigslist, ebay, whatever else...........postings. That's why there are other subdivisions of this great forum named Rennlist. Doesn't have anything to do with 944series tech, history, etc? Guess what? Post it the eff somewhere else. I'm certain there is a home for it somewhere here on Rennlist.

One should understand that my offtopic postings in an otherwise off-topic thread in this forum is not an insult...........its the same thing the original topic poster is doing.........posting something off-topic in a section/area intended for something else. So your anger with me should also be with them, because I am doing nothing different from them. ;-) Right?

Part of what makes Rennlist better than many other automotive forums is the distinct lack of stupid **** in the tech forums. Let that change, you lose a lot of the great technical posts here on the forum.

Feel free to keep hurling insults. I have a thick skin, I can take it. I'm not going to change.
Old 12-05-2009 | 02:42 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

if i wanted to insult you i would take you out at Easter Reef and see if you could handle it.

the waves aren't little **** kickers like you have at Bells.
Old 12-05-2009 | 02:43 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by odurandina
if i wanted to insult you i would take you out at Easter Reef and see if you could handle it.

I don't know what that means, nor do I care.
Old 12-05-2009 | 03:50 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Hey Tifo, since when are you in Melbourne?

I think Odorama is referring to his macho surfing prowess calling the Bells Beach waves "little **** kickers", LOL. What a funny guy.

But remember: It takes a village to fix a 944. And Rennlist is a village.

And since I can remember, we've always had at least one village idiot. The names change, but there always seems to be someone who steps up to fill that position. It's just one of those mysterious Rennlist things.

As I've always enjoyed the Tifosiman off-topic postings on the off-topic threads. I think I liked the "evil clown" period the best.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:15 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

tifo > odurandina
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:15 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Hey Mark,

Have been in Melbourne for a few weeks, will be here another week longer. I'm staying downtown on Flinders. Work takes me here now at least three times a year for extended periods of time.....

Clowns scare the holy hell outta me! The costumed kind. Not the Rennlist kind.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:22 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

This is a tech forum. Nothing more; nothing less.
Old 12-05-2009 | 04:33 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

yes, i posted a general topic, but i was interested in hearing from the transaxle 4 guys' on this, especially when the guys at this forum have a lot of experience with turbos, and this kit does produce a significant result... on a car that can go 172 mph in n/a trim.

there's a guy up my street with a BMW 5 series with like 335,000 miles on it... [i don't like bmw's enough to drive one, either]... he's had a couple of repairs, but not much more... then there's Lexus, and others who prep their cars a bit more before sending them out to the public.

Porsche came very close to accomplishing the same... but, as Jeremy Clarkson says, "the Porsche engineers just decided to go to lunch instead..." the designs of the cars are incredible, but they require almost Ferrari levels of attention for cars that cost only a few thousand dollars...

i once had to ask... what the hell is a thrust bearing?

others have said, "the future of the transaxle is not looking so good," and it is at this point that there is some merit to that statement...

it's amazing how many parts of the transaxle are so short lived... i have never heard of a car that is loved so much yet has sooo many "part outs," going on within the fleet... Maybe the Cayman will be better. So i posted it to transaxle guys who might have the answer. i also put it up on the 997, and 928 forums.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Jr... supercar for street or track on pennies...