Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post your 3 picks here: no one gets a pass...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Track car - Supercharged LS1 engine on a 944 with the best of the best parts....
Weekends - My 944 with a supercharged 968 engine and best of best parts for roaduse...
Daily Driver - Cayene Turbo with some interior upgrades and a MEAN MEAN stereo and bling bling rims And a trailer to drag the LS1 on....
Old 04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Shi dog... my 3

1) My 951
2) My 951
3) My 951

All done for 1/10th the budget..rest buys lots of beer, cigars and hookers......
Old 04-30-2010, 06:36 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

south Florida in my 968 running with a 2010 Cayman S a few weeks ago...

after getting on at the ramp near the ______ Dealership in ______ saw a ____ 2010 Cayman S going very fast, so I decided to dust him... we ran for about 25 miles in an area where it's nearly impossible to run speed traps... ran 110 to ____ mph... not your normal fast... we seriously tore it up. and people just got the hell out of the way... and when they didn't, things got even more interesting. can't say i'll drive like this everyday, but...

what a car... ummm, his too.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
flosho
Pro

track: 996tt
Weekend: original 924 cgt
Daily: modded 924t
Old 05-01-2010, 02:15 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
i'm giving you a budget of up to 325k dollars... just a hypothetical excercise.

1. Porsche for the track.

2. Porsche for the weekends.

3. Porsche for the daily beat down... hating your neighbor, etc.

if you don't post, there will be no LSD waiting under the tree.
You and I frequently disagree...but since you've got the Mod-Squad up as your avatar you must be ok.

So here goes:

For the Track - 997 GT-3 RS (call it $200k with all the goodies and a trailer)

For the Weekends - a super-clean, amazon green 968 Cabriolet w/ 6 speed (call it $25k)

For the daily stuff - A 944S2, 968 Coupe and a 928 GTS to rotate through ...all super clean with all the good options ($75k plus a $25k piggy bank for maint.)
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
sTyleR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm.. 968 Turbo S, 997 GT3 MKII, 996 GT2, no 997 Sport Classic, Cayenne Turbo S, ehm...

There's no way for me to write this list without a Carrera GT on it, so here it goes.

1. 944 Turbo S road legal "track day car", striped down with some tasteful mods.
2. My 924S, with some relatively minor work. Change out the exhaust and carpeting, etc.
3. Carrera GT, stock daily driver.

Yes, I would drive a Carrera GT daily. Although I would probably alternate between the other two every now and then.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:25 PM
931GT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 325K I'd buy

1. Heavily modded 931 for the track
2. 3.2 Targa for the weekend
3. The best 944 n/a example I could find for the daily

Then I'd take all the money I had left over and buy up as many LS1 powered Porsches I could find and burn them in a huge and glorious fire!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 AM
peanut
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
Tony G takes them all down: a Ferrari 575, Nissan GTR, new ZR1 Corvette, several BMW "M" cars, and a poor defenseless Viper on the California Speedway Roval... see all three parts.

his ride: http://www.tonygarcia.org/944V8/... video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pADH...eature=related
Jeezus that thing shifts . What kind of engine does Tony have in that thing ??? That car certainly has the handling sorted.

And how the heck do the screen wipers stay planted ? don't tell me that thing is street legal

Track :- Tony G's car
Weekend :- 928 S4
Daily :- my current 944 S2
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

if I could have just 1, then it would be a Carrera GT, for all 3

but probably not possible

in no order:

GT3RS
993TT
swapped 930/964 (w/widebody)

I already have a 944, so there
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

he's got a mild, 400 hp LS1. totally street legal, full Califrornia emissions.

btw, trapster on my Droid saved my *** again, tonight... around 11:20 pm, i was coming back from somewhere about 270 miles from my home, and i had my 1994 968 cranked around 120 or so... after passing a bad accident, now running about 12-15 miles ahead...

then trapster alerts me to a speed trap hotspot... i let off the gas and was coasting for a few seconds and in that collection of moments, a tractor about 2 1/10ths of mile ahead started showing brakelights... suspicious, i started braking but it was very dark and i figured... too close to the accident for there to be a bear in the wait.

WRONG !! i the silhouette of a highway patrol vehicle started to emerge from the dark background... and that's when i really got on the brakes.

too late. this time my luck has finally run out.

55 mph zone of all things because it's an extreme traffic zone...

dead...

he pulls his car all the way off the breakdown lane on the the tall grassy knoll... sitting there on the uncut tall grass, as all the traffic i just dusted off - cruises by... seems like an eternity... finally after about 3 or 4 minutes, he walks up and asks me if i got license and registration. i inform him that i do...

him: "what seems to be the trouble this evening; did you know i had you on radaar going 91 miles per hour ?"

me: "i just got my car serviced and i was in a bit too much of a hurry to get home... really dumb because i haven't been pulled over in a very long time..."

him: "that was the next thing i was going to ask you... do you always drive like this ? where's home ? and where are you coming from ?

[i gave him my origin about "god i just got caught 36 mph over" miles back, and home, is metrowest "i'm so dead" Boston about so and so miles ahead].

next i give him the bad news:

me: "i have a problem... my wallet with my driver's license is resting inside my duffle bag in the back... i'll need to go back there and get it...

him: "that's fine - you can get out and do that."

so i pop the hatch of my (968) and i start fiddling around the duffle bag, which is really making me nervous because it's dark as hell out here on the knoll and he's probably wondering if i have a gun...

[wait... that's what the 3 minutes was all about. he already knows my life story right ? so now he has no worries... (probably doesn't even know that i'm a "yey" on the fema camp context)].... now he starts talking.

"shining his light on the inside of the passenger side quarter panel, he askes about the system; "...noticed the amps (my two giant Rockford D-class monsters on passenger side of the seat delete), is that subwoofer built into your rear fender ?" i inform him that it is...

we start having a conversation about the car for a minute or so... and he says one of his co-workers is "selling his 911, it's an '89."

i clue him in on this being a "classic, Nine-Six-Four," a beloved, air-cooled, all-wheel-drive 911.

i hand him my DL and he says, "so are we going to have any problems, DUI's, warrants, felonies ?...."

i inform him, "NO, the last time i had a ticked was like 17 or 18 years ago," and he tells me i can go back and have a seat in the car.

Me: "what about my registration and insurance ? you need that ?"

him: "no that's not necessary..."

minutes go by... seems like he's back there about 10 minutes... Damn, 'he's going to throw the book at me, man if he's back there another minute i'm screwed..."

finally, i hear a thud behind me and he begins his second walk-up to my car:

"i was talking to my partners about the accident... real mess... sorry about that... well i'f i pull anyone over it has to be pretty serious, so this is what i'm going to do... I've written you a warning for a loud muffler (my hooker maxflow muffler is quite loud) and having you estimated at 12 miles per hour over the limit...

"now, here's the thing Allan, i heard your muffler half a mile back up the road, heard you decelerating from God only knows what speed.... you have to slow down, man, you're still gonna get there. be safe ok ?"

in astonishment I reached out to shake his hand and said, "thank you. i really don't know what to say... thanks a lot."

asked him his name and i can't pronounce it... shook his hand again.

YIKES.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

love the ending

"YIKES."

and then your SIG ... "what the hell was that"

haha

nice to see some cool cops out there, however, at night, doing a buck twenty ... even after you saw the accident? red flags dude! who knows, maybe you got REALLY lucky because this cop actually pulled you over!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:59 AM
peanut
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

boy you were lucky

I never get that lucky. I always get a fine/endorsment except one time

I had a cop follow me all the way home through my village last year. They finally turned the flashing lights on at the entrance to my drive and gave a single whup of the siren.

Felling tired and beligerent I thought what the heck so continued to drive down my 100 yd single track lane to the car park I share with my posh neighbours (Doctors, Surgeons, University Professors etc )

The cop car stops right behind me and out steps this 19 year old chick who I swear looks like a school kid. She asks me to get into the front of her car and its kinda cramped there in the front seat .She turns on the overhead light , I can smell her perfume and see she is wearing lipstick and her nails painted. Her uniform is immaculate and it fits tight in all the right places.

She is a stunner and this whole episode is now becoming surreal. She checks my docs and says the DVLA database shows my MOT certificate has run out and I have to show it at my local police station.

I become aware that my neigbours are standing at their windows looking straight out at me sitting in the front of a police car in our private drive. I really start to squirm with embarrasement as i imagine they are thinking ' I always knew he was a drug baron/ pimp/car thief 'etc.

I'm really mad now, especially at myself for forgetting to check the MOT . I step out of the car, slam the door behind me and trudge off to my house without looking back ,leaving the girl sitting in the car .

Never heard any more about it
Old 09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

that's pretty cool. trying to imagine this account with her sexy accent.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Porsche16V944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Porsche for the track.
996 GT3

2. Porsche for the weekends.
That same 996 GT3

3. Porsche for the daily beat down... hating your neighbor, etc.
My 944S... but with an LS1
Old 09-30-2010, 02:29 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

#1 GT2RS

#2 gas money

#3 more gas money.

Quick Reply: post your 3 picks here: no one gets a pass...