Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Respone Cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:48 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine from Markus in Canada. No need to adjust anything. The design probably had the hole in the right place (?).
Old 03-28-2003, 06:03 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts
I'm with 944pete. No problems with cruise control and, IMHO, much better feel. Why does METRONY put it in modified? No substantive changes to the system.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:09 PM
silicondigital
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"i like it on a 944, but onthe turbo its not so hot."

A 951 already had a round cam.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Tom
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had no cruise control problems related to the cam on my 944. The 944S and S2 have round cams from the factory. The real effect is to make it easier to blip the throttle when downshifting.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:43 AM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Jfrahm:
<strong>I don't get these, can't you just move your foot farther or faster? I never seem to have any trouble finding WOT :-)

-Joel.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">i've owned both an 8v and now a 16v car - and i can say the round throttle cam in an 8v makes the car feel more lively without a doubt! the throttle cam on the 16v car is already round and inherently feels lively.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts
Modifications to Cars

Suspension: Aftermarket shocks, struts, bushings, sway bars, springs and torsion bars are allowed in stock (P) classes. However, stock mounting points are required. No machining.

Exhaust: The addition of a performance exhaust is permitted in stock class. However, all cars must pass noise restrictions for the event to compete. All Metro events are muffled events, the Chairman reserves the right to reject or disqualify any noisy vehicle.

Lightening: The removal, exchange or replacement of any part for the purpose of light-weighting a car will put a car into modified class. This includes the removal of rear and passenger seats.

Wheels and Tires: All DOT approved tires are allowed in stock (P) classes, and must have tread visible at two spots 180 degrees apart at the end of an event. Competition tires must have visible tread depth indicators. All non-DOT approved tires put a car into modified class. At no time may a tire with visible belts showing be allowed to run in any class. Any size tire and wheel combination is permitted as long as they fit within the stock wheel wells without rubbing. Cars with rubbing tires will not be permitted to run during an event. Modifications beyond ‘rolling’ the fender lip to accommodate larger wheels and tires will put a car into modified class.

Engines: Modifications between the exhaust manifold and airbox will place a car into modified. Increase of boost pressure via mechanical (spring or modification to turbo unit) or electronic (chip) methods will place a car into modified.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom- i dont think the cam will make it modified. I take "between the exhaust manifold and airbox" to mean that you cant change cam, compression, etc. and the throttle cam doesnt increase any boost pressure. The throttle cam is just changing the relationship between pedal and throttle, it doesnt add anything... Last season i was running stock class on my n/a with the throttle cam on

tom- BTW i also finally got an answer from marc, the coilovers on the 944 are OK in stock class... good to know for the 951 i just got this morning
Old 03-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts
Dan,
I'm pretty sure it is considered a modification,becaude it is a "Modifications between the exhaust manifold and airbox", but the reality among metro 944 owners is who cares. I'm old,I'm tired, and I have no depth perception, so I will never be autocrosser of the year. I just want to tighten the gap between my times and some of the pro's times.

reality for me is if there is no $$$, and now that im married no .... who cares. now if i was single and there was .... or $$$ i would be a fierce competitor.

the coilovers are ok for metro, but will put you in modified for scca.

Quick Reply: Throttle Respone Cam