Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM
vicvtr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the low speed fan always runs for a while when i stopped after driving,that is normal but this time it was the high-speed fan that do not switch off.I even put the battery back after it was cooled down and it still runs.Thanks ,one of the first things i checked was the fan direction so they are good.
I think this must be a relay that got stuck ,that is why it also did not switch on a few days back.But what relay and where is it on the car?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your radiator with a pyrometer. Every NA 944 that I have had (3) had plugged radiators when I picked them up. They all did exactly the same thing that yours is doing. For kicks I cut one in half once to find that only 2 of the tubes running through it were open. The rest of them were plugged with a light tan goo that comes from the water to oil cooler on the lower right side of the block.

If you can get access to a pyrometer, you can check each tube without spending any money to see if that is your problem. But I bet that I am right. Also don't try to have a radiator shop flush it. They just end up leaking from the ends. Don't ask me how I know.

Good Luck
Old 11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vicvtr
Yes the low speed fan always runs for a while when i stopped after driving,that is normal but this time it was the high-speed fan that do not switch off.I even put the battery back after it was cooled down and it still runs.Thanks ,one of the first things i checked was the fan direction so they are good.
I think this must be a relay that got stuck ,that is why it also did not switch on a few days back.But what relay and where is it on the car?
What year is your car, location and type of relay changed some through the years...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:26 AM
vicvtr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ,got a 1984 n/a ,old dash.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 944 Gremlin