Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some electrical direction/not P-car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need some electrical direction/not P-car

Anyone electrical-minded, I am tracking down a problem w/ my Wagoneer. Two weeks ago, I turned on the headlights and my volt gauge immeadiately went to -60(all lights died) then jumped back to the green(lights back on), then back down, etc. etc. I also smelled something hot. Got home. pulled headlight switch-smelled funny, replaced w/ AMC factory switch. When all is hooked up, ONLY the headlights will come on w/ the new switch, no sidemarkers/interior, nothing. Plug in old switch and everything BUT the headlights work, but only when the switch stalk is grounded against the dash(which is metal). I have no idea what is going on. Next step is to start checking grounds(headlights first--there is one ground for each). Am I going in the right direction w/this? Sorry for no P-car content, but this problem is making me batty. Any suggestions relating to a solution are appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need some electrical direction/not P-car