Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much can i get for my car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool how much can i get for my car?

I am looking for a turbo to replace my 944, today i got approved for a loan so i could buy the turbo right away rather then waiting for the other car to sell...

The car i am really excited about is a 944 turbo on ebay with a bunch of work done to it and extra wheels/parts but it is in arizona and i am kinda scared to buy a car that i wont see or drive until it is shipped here... any rennlisters in arizona willing to take a look at it and make sure the photos arent from 3 seasons ago before it turned into a POS?

I also need to sell my car which is an 88 n/a, white with black interior, very clean never been in an accident 85k miles and currently being stored in a heated garage... i bought the car last year for $6500 from my girlfriend's uncle who took good care of it and kept it garage plus i have $6000-$7000 worth of recipts since then (including water pump, clutch, timing belt, A-arms, etc.) I even have the original sales recipts and old old service recipts from the first owner... No cracks or anything on the interior...god i love my car anyway, how much should i be asking for it? $6500 would make me smile, the guys at the shop said i could get $7k probably. Everyone on rennlist seems to think n/a cars arent worth much though so what is your opinion?

I have a SFR cat back for the n/a too which isnt installed on the car yet, it just came in the mail this morning. i will probably try to sell it seperate after the car is gone (if i dont find a buyer or the turbo turns out to be no good i will be putting it on my car)
Old 02-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

also, if you look at my p-car profile you will see photos of the car but the modifications listed arent all included:
Redline Rollbar isnt installed in the car but i will probably be selling it seperately when it comes (the car i am looking at has a bar in it already)

Corbeau ForzaII Seats are coming with me for my turbo but have never been installed so the stock seats are still in the n/a and in fine condition

Sparco 5pt. Cam-Lock Harnesses also were never installed yet and are coming with me to the turbo

SFR braided fuel lines werent installed yet but i will probably sell them seperately

SFR cat back exhaust ... already mentioned that one in the first post
Old 02-21-2003, 03:28 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
First advice would be to not sell it on Rennlist, if you want more for the car! Around here, I think most people would rather buy a $4k NA and do all the work themselves to bring it up to spec. Ebay, or Autotrader is better, I think.

I may be selling my NA, and figure Autotrader is my first step!
Old 02-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
I agree Autotrader has helped me sell 2 of my cars fairly quickly!

Dan
Old 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

I know rennlist will get me less money but when i go on autotrader / ebay how much should i be looking to get (in your opinion)
Old 02-22-2003, 03:39 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

one bump, goodnight
Old 02-22-2003, 03:53 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Dan, I'm in AZ and might be willing to go look at her for you when I get some time off. I'm not a certified mechanic but I do a decent job of kicking tires and making sure body panels line up. Heck I'd deliver her to you if you payed for the gas, motel 6 costs, and a plane ticket back... I could use a good road trip... Anyway, PM me with the details if you want me to look at it for you.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:31 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dan-
I would say start with $8k, and put OBO, so that someone wont feel shy about offering you $7200, etc.

Key is, take GOOD quality detailed photos. A good picture, and a good story helps a lot when selling something online!

Good luck!
Old 02-22-2003, 06:54 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sold my '86 n/a bones stock with '83K on it for ~$7500. Can't quit remember the exact price (I'm getting old). It was this past fall and it was locally. Everybody (ok maybe not everybody but most) on Rennlist said I was asking to much OF COURSE. It does vary depending on where you live.

Porsche's aren't very plentiful in my neck of the woods especially ones that are in very good shape so I'm sure that this had something to do with the price I got, but I also was patient and waited several months and turned down @ least 3 legit offers for lower amounts.

Your car sounds nice. I took the attitude ask a good price, stick to it and wait! It worked for me!

Old 02-22-2003, 07:10 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Hmmm let's try this again...

Old 02-22-2003, 07:11 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Must be doing something wrong or John has this feature disable at the moment?

You can go to my Yahoo page and look at pics under the photos link on the left to compare condition. I would say mine '86 was a 8-9 out of 10.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:13 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Dan, AndyK's dollar amount is a good estimate (not having looked @ your car). I started @ $7999
Old 02-22-2003, 07:26 PM
944Play
Pro

Ignore
Old 02-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by 944Play:
<strong>Ignore</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">last time someone said ignore it turned into a week long problem!
Old 02-22-2003, 09:07 PM
RAD951
Racer

What happened Dan?? You don't like me car?? Just playing. My car is still for sale and there are some people here in Orlando that know about my car and are rennlisters that could see the car for you. All my car really needs is a garrett turbo, injectors, and the Guru racing Map kit and it will be putting down some big hp numbers since it has a higher compression head and port and polished. Anyways good luck finding your 944 turbo.

Quick Reply: how much can i get for my car?