Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N/A Splitter - who is interested?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009 | 11:25 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Default N/A Splitter - who is interested?

I have been trying to find a Splitter for my N/A bumper. I was lurking through Ebay and found a company making a "new" splitter for a turbo bumper. I contacted them and asked if they would give a "new" N/A splitter a try. They said they would if I could find 12 people interested and willing to give 1/2 down to start the project and make a mold. Splitter would cost around $290.

First I need 12 interested parties. Post to the thread your interest only at this time.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2009 | 11:39 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Depends on how it would look. but I would definitely be in for one. The half now, half later thing sounds good too !!

Btw, just curious, who the company is >_>
Old 09-13-2009 | 12:03 AM
DANNiE
Instructor

There is already a company here in florida that makes the whole lower bumper for the N/A version of the 944... And its Plastic..!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

The link to ebay listing is above... And its only $250..!

I called this above company to find out if they would make a poly plastic turbo/s2 spliter and they said no and that a first mold would cost 1500 to do...

now this other company makes one for the turbo/s2 out of fiberglass and whos wants that since it breaks so easy...

These are out of Canada...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Its listed for $270 or buy it now for $320
Old 09-13-2009 | 12:11 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Do they (or you) have a better pic? I can't see a splitter?

one of my best friends was looking at buying this 944 recently from a racing associate. he doesn't know where its from but the splitter is molded into the front valence.

anyone recognise it?
Old 09-13-2009 | 12:18 AM
DANNiE
Instructor

I asked them for a better view of it too... if you look at it closely you can see that the Lip is molded into the bumper skin unit... I have to say it looks good and the price is right... but its not near as big as the one you have in that photo...
Old 09-13-2009 | 01:55 AM
Reimu
Drifting

I definitely would like a nice functional n/a spoiler

turbo/s2 guys already have several places they can buy theirs from

What happened to that one guy who was making one out of abs?
Old 09-13-2009 | 02:56 AM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

The main problem I see with making a splitter for an N/A is that most everyones N/A bumper is warped in some way. You would need a perfectly straight front bumper to have a decent looking splitter. Or you could just do some plywood plus fiberglass..
Old 09-13-2009 | 09:09 AM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DANNiE
There is already a company here in florida that makes the whole lower bumper for the N/A version of the 944... And its Plastic..!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

The link to ebay listing is above... And its only $250..!

I called this above company to find out if they would make a poly plastic turbo/s2 spliter and they said no and that a first mold would cost 1500 to do...

I looked very hard can not see anything different from the bumper I currently have. So please get those additional pictures. Thanks

These are out of Canada...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Its listed for $270 or buy it now for $320
This is the company I contacted. They have two versions the "street" and the "race" version. The race version is about a inch taller.

Please give opinons/concerns/and most important interest. Thanks

Last edited by IGROWL; 09-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-13-2009 | 04:25 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Lemming can shed some light on this. He uses the gt racing extended valence with a homebrew splitter IIRC.

An NA splitter is pretty difficult to make happen due to the design of the valence.

I run a euro mk3 lip on my car. Cost=free
Old 09-14-2009 | 07:46 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

BUMP

Any other N/A owners interested?
Old 09-14-2009 | 07:55 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by banana944
The main problem I see with making a splitter for an N/A is that most everyones N/A bumper is warped in some way. You would need a perfectly straight front bumper to have a decent looking splitter. Or you could just do some plywood plus fiberglass..
All you need to do is put on some gloves, heat with a heat gun and reshape the bumper back to normal.

Originally Posted by Sands944
BUMP

Any other N/A owners interested?
I have somewhat of an interest, but I'd have to see the product first.
Old 09-14-2009 | 08:33 PM
DANNiE
Instructor

it looks like ritzblitz's photo posted but if you look closely at the photo you can see the lower portion is extended out more than the stock bumper around the air cowl opening... i sent them an email for a better photo so im still waiting on that...
Old 09-14-2009 | 08:48 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

I sent the guy this picture. I know everyone including myself liked what Leadfoot had done to his car. He said he could duplicate it.
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2009 | 09:08 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

it looks like ritzblitz's photo posted but if you look closely at the photo you can see the lower portion is extended out more than the stock bumper around the air cowl opening... i sent them an email for a better photo so im still waiting on that...

DANNiE I still have not forgot about your option. Can not wait to see the pics.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2009 | 09:52 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

So you guys must be more interested in a 'street' version vs a 'race' version, based on the pictures u r posting.

I'm looking to fab one up for my race car and I'll likely take a big refrigerator box and cut a cardboard template and then glass over it and make it to attach with some dzus and angle brackets. May look like **** though, but that's my winter project. I want at least 2 - 4 inches sticking out in front of the existing spoiler, to really scoop up the air.

Tom

Quick Reply: N/A Splitter - who is interested?