Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Mookeh / MK parts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Mookeh / MK parts.

I was an early defender of MK and was initially happy with the camber plates. The price was obviously the main selling point. They worked as represented and looked to be well-manufactured. I had install questions when I received them, and the Ebay vendor (email is "101propose<at>something.com) was actually pretty responsive and helpful.

Well, I'm ready to backpedal. As with other buyers, the top spherical bearing has become immobile. "101propose" promptly responded to my concern saying that for shipping cost ($5.99) he would send me new bearings. I sent my $5.99 and have waited more than a month. No response, no bearings. No response to my reminders and questions.

I hope I'm proven wrong and he comes through. Until then, this is a fair disclosure for people thinking about buying MK stuff.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I doubt they build the sphericals themselves so why not just source the stuff ourselves. He says outloud having bought the MK camber plates himself, but not yet installed . I will check with my industrial supplier and see if they can be sourced.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was seriously considering getting a pair. Let's see how this turns out...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:46 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 -- I've been eyeballing their product as well (well... until my car blew up...)
Old 09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by jim 7
I doubt they build the sphericals themselves so why not just source the stuff ourselves. He says outloud having bought the MK camber plates himself, but not yet installed . I will check with my industrial supplier and see if they can be sourced.
Consider me "in" for this group buy! Heck, maybe we'll go into manufacturing these things!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM
smokin_944
Racer

I've been contemplating camber plates for my 84 and I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with. I was looking at racer's edge and ground control plates. They seem well built and reasonably priced.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=140/CA=219
Old 09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Follow up: The vendor of MK camber plates got back in touch with me and offered to sell me new upper bearings for $99. I reminded "him" (he goes by the name 101) that he previously offered to GIVE them to me for the cost of shipping. He then said that he'd send me the bearings. We'll see where this goes. Unfortunately, more bad bearings will not be the solution.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
pormgb
Racer

I have some MK1 Camber Plates installed in my 944, they do make allot of popping sounds when going over bumps but Ive never figured out if this is their normal behavior, I think the popping sound is the ball moving as the strut changes position over bumps. The bearings are also very hard to move, I keep them lubricated but I'm still not sure of their quality.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

I'm going to get some KLA upper strut mounts...way better from what I've read, and they don't interfere with ride height either.

I bought some Mookeeh's, but resold them as I didn't want to have to buy new adjustable struts.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:57 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set that were seized before I even installed them on my car. I lubed them up good before installation, drove around on them for about a week hoping they would un-seize, but they remained rock solid frozen stiff.

On top of that, the preferred installation method made the front of my car raise up about 2 inches, forcing me to lower my coilover springs down... which in turn made the car bounce off the bump stops over extremely mild bumps.

Since then I have had experience using Lindsey Racing and Ground Control camber plates, and they are both FAR better quality and functionality than the Mookeeh brand plates.

So I ended up returning them. Cheap junk IMHO.

Quick Reply: Question about Mookeh / MK parts.