Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VERY hard to turn left

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 01:25 AM
Andre
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont even know where to look for these valves and stuff but i'm 90% sure it is the powersteering now because i went outside and tried turning the wheel without starting the car and it was the same both ways, then when i started the car it was as if i never started it when i tried turning left and then when i turned right it was very easy, going from right back to center was also hard.

since this is a powersteering problem does the "HOLY CRAP DONT DRIVE THE CAR!!!!!!!!" thing still apply?or can i drive it around now?
Old 07-17-2002, 03:13 AM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Is your car really really really ridiculously good-looking? What is this, a center for ants?!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:12 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

OK, so you likely have an steering problem iso an suspention problem.
[quote] ...does the "HOLY CRAP DONT DRIVE THE CAR!!!!!!!!" thing still apply?or can i drive it around now? <hr></blockquote>
NO YOU CAN NOT DRIVE IT AROUND NOW.

The result of driving this car seems to be moved from a sure suicide attempt to moving an slow and unpredictable responding car.
That can be considered improvement.
But when something goes wrong and immediate action is required you might not be able to control the car.

In the country I live the damage caused then is not ensured and if the results are fatal for someone that just happened to be there by chance, the corrective action for the driver is time behind a thick wall.
This is no longer considered a traffic violation but treated as criminal offence.(which it actually is to my humble opinion)

You may be able to limb her around but you dont have to: its home.
Allow yourselve a lifetime peace of mind and get this fixed before you move it.
TakeCare
Old 07-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Andre
Burning Brakes

Talking

haha yes it is INCREDABLY good looking, no i'm just kidding. just hate not driving it. i guess i am going to have to buckle down and read what i can about the power steering system in the car, i love these cars you learn something new everyday, because something new brakes everyday.

Quick Reply: VERY hard to turn left