Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT -best quote of the day goes to?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002 | 03:31 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by nib5:
<strong>

I thought I had been to some pretty bad wedding receptions in my time -imagine being the DJ at that gig?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the acoustics in the bunker probably really sucked, and...

A lot of the wedding guests would have been nervous ("Adolph, have you seen Frau Geobbels?" "No, Eva. I think she went to lie down with the children.")

There were other worries over the guest list... "Eva, did _you_ invite the Russians?" "No, Adolph." "Well, they're here anyway!"

"I thought Dr. Porsche was coming, and bringing the Maus?"

"Has anybody seen Bormann?"

"The Americans and British both called and said they'd be late."

Or the worries about the future..."Adolph, will we have enough gas for the honeymoon?" "Yes, Darling. My chauffer has several cans ready."

And the intimate chatter..."Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?" "Don't forget your pills, Darling!"

Jim, "The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!"
Old 08-01-2002 | 04:07 PM
nib5
Instructor

[quote] Jim, "The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!" <hr></blockquote>

DJ - This will show my wife, - "Don't bother putting that old copy of 'The Internationale' in your bag" she said, "Who's gonna request THAT at the party?" A dimwit am I? Ooh, I'll get some real mileage out of this one, I can tell you.
Old 08-01-2002 | 04:35 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, that weather balloon Darwin guy is probably my favorite story also especially as it is actually true.

Things ended pretty badly for the guy a while later when he went off into some canyon in the desert and shot himself, an intentional suicide rather than that crazy balloon ride where there were all sorts of opportunities for things to come to a bad end.
Old 08-01-2002 | 06:13 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

"Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things"

Quick Reply: OT -best quote of the day goes to?