Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003 | 11:03 AM
User 462021
Banned

Post -

Hey guys, at school they just reformatted all of our computers in our lab that I spend my whole morning in. That means I lost all of my programs that I always used like AOL instant messenger and Kazaa and Winamp and stuff like that. Before we all knew the administrator password so we could install the different programs but they have since changed it. So inconsiderate of them.

Well, I'm wondering if they is any possible way to find what the password is or get administrator rights on my computer like I had before. All of the students here are trying to find ways to install there programs but it is not working.

Any ideas, short of interrogating the network admin?

Old 02-13-2003 | 11:07 AM
Charles
Instructor

what is your OS??
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:10 AM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not going to post the answer here - would you like it in PM or e-amil? (just a link). BTW, I fully endorse screwing with computers and bypassing 'authority'!!
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:14 AM
Charles
Instructor

damn right me to.... =)
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:19 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

NOT ME. Im not into subversive acts , but passwords can be hacked. It happens all the time. Being a responsible Net Admin myself there is NO way i will ever tell you in a public forum how to do this. I wont tell ANYONE how to do this. you should be ashamed of yourself for even ASKING such a question under the disguise of "COMPUTER HELP" . Talk to your local net admin and see if they will placate your requests. Plead on your knees. there is a definite reason that stuff is OFF of your computers. Bandwidth issues mostly. Can you imagine trying to take a 30 minute test online but couldnt complete it because some doofus was downloading MP3's and you got an incomplete because your network response was too slow? PO'd huh. I saw this all the time as a Net Admin for a school system. stop pirating bandwidth and do some schoolwork.
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:27 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

As far as I'm concerned, if you know how to get around this kind of a problem, you should be TEACHING computer lab, not attending it.

Second, it may actually be easier just to ask. But when you DO ask, don't ask to have acess to download Kazaa or Winamp. Ask for acess to download something schoolwork related. THEN you can download Kazaa and Winamp.

But seriously, using school bandwidth to leech music isn't cool.
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:35 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Students I found out even trying to hack passwords to gain access, had that priveledge removed - to all computers for the duration of the schoolyear. be forewarned. do it right and ask your net admin. or do it wrong and make your life hell.
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:37 AM
User 462021
Banned

ok
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:41 AM
Charles
Instructor

bah... you now... I have been net admin to and most of my coworkers were just a bunch of "I know windows"... and did'nt know the difference between DOS and MS-dos prompt...

oh well, just ask, if they dont want and there rude about it, then get them up the A$$.... =)

I'm just joking around... just hack it. hahahaha

still joking... oups =)
Old 02-13-2003 | 11:51 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Angry

Jeez,,,, Chris you take all the fun out of it. If I didn’t have hacks to chase down my life would be drag. Of course it's not the hacks that really bother me like what Steve is trying to accomplish, it's the people that are trying to get in to do damage that are the biggest concerns for us admin out here.

Though I have to agree with one point Chris made, get friendly with your admin and the world is at your finger tips. Be nice and don’t break things know your limits are before diving in other wise hack away.

TaboII

P.S. Please don’t Pm me asking how to accomplish anything like this As an admin myself I have to hold to some standard here.
Old 02-13-2003 | 12:02 PM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

I'm all behind Chris... users are the reason my networks don't work. Of course... users are the whole reason there is a network in the first place. Damn users...
Old 02-13-2003 | 12:21 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

I have never had a problem with users, most of them need to be properly educated on form and functionality and usage. the ne'er do well's of the world who think they know it all- I TRACK downloads, usage, bandwidth hogs, and abusers. I had on kid arrested last year for criminal damage to private data. your right, I'n no fun when it comes to this. too many 80 hour weeks an salary i guess fixing problems that should have never occured.

Charles - try this ~ write a boot script including
format/u c: or
del *.* THATS FUNNY!
Old 02-13-2003 | 12:30 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Well, all I have to say is without hacking, I wouldn't be where I'm at today (no, I'm not writing this from Prison). I learned everything 98% of everything needed to be learned about computers back when I was "hacking" VAPEN accounts to gain access to the I-Net back in the early to mid 90's.

Hell, if it wasn't for ****, Doom, and hacking, I'd still be studying to be a lawyer or something. Instead, I have a nice programming job, good education, and a Porsche. Guess what I'm trying to say is, stop asking for the quick and easy way out, pick up some books on network administration, computer languages, hardware and software specs, and figure that crap out.

And Taboo and Chris are right, as network admins (and responsible computer citizens), we have a responsibility (code of ethics per se) to not aid in these types of acts, even if we do secretly wish you luck.
Old 02-13-2003 | 12:56 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOL - Chris, I know your point well.... I'm supposed to guard against this very activity myself but I'm one of those people who were dangerous and recless but switched (due to legal reasons) to use my powers for good..... er, at least usually.

I'm PMing a Very simple NTFS (Win NT4 or 2K) cracker right now.. Reminds me of a saying my father had:

"Locks only keep honest people honest"
Old 02-13-2003 | 01:26 PM
User 462021
Banned

I decided that I'm not even going to worry about it. I'll just sit there and stare at my screen and see if that will do anything.

Thanks for the fun reading!

Quick Reply: -