Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buyer beware: autosport fl/broadfoot racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
spoolinturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

333pg333 - i will say this, kelli was a very nice person to work with, i had a pleasure talking with her the times i was able to get her on the phone, but getting her there was very difficult.

They sent me an email saying they would process my refund as soon as possible. and when it comes i will give the appropriate feedback. Now they should be auctioning parts that they have on hand, i had no idea they were dealing with 3rd party associates here. I do like their products. And in the future, im sure i will contact them again and say i want that bumper, but i will pick it up personally, and pay for it when i get there, not before.

so that says a lot, that i would deal with them in person. because kelli was a nice person, and i do like the products they do have, but i think they have a lot going on in some regards and need to have someone at a phone for business hours.

and when i leave a feedback, it will be neutral, not negative. because when i do get my refund...they would have conducted business properly. so i hope that they see this message.

roman944...i called and emailed about this product for a while before purchasing =P
autosportfl does have a good rating on ebay with a green star.

i still continue to think it is a good company...but has a few things that need to be straightened up, as im sure with any company in this economy is having trouble, especially one in just a porsche market. but for the time being, i would like my money to be back in my acct. money doesnt fall off trees for a e-5 in the airforce
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Daily944
Racer

This isnt the first post I have seen about their shady business dealings.. I'm sure it won't be the last sad to say.

Around the time I first joined rennlist I saw some complaints about them then I just figured i'd be safe to not bother with them. Sory to hear they have givin trouble to someone else and +1 on Lindsey.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else here get screwed by the "charity" raffle some years back? The had raffle for a racecar - something like $35 a ticket - andf the prioceeds were to go to charity. They ended up cancelling it but never refunded the money to the those of us who bought ticket. Tried calling and email to get my $35 back - no deal. Very shady folks when it comes to business dealings.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Weston
Racer

Originally Posted by Skip Wolfe
Anyone else here get screwed by the "charity" raffle some years back? The had raffle for a racecar - something like $35 a ticket - andf the prioceeds were to go to charity. They ended up cancelling it but never refunded the money to the those of us who bought ticket. Tried calling and email to get my $35 back - no deal. Very shady folks when it comes to business dealings.
Wow. That sounds like pretty blatant fraud.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Originally Posted by spoolinturbo
333pg333 - when i leave a feedback, it will be neutral, not negative.
neutral!?

You are alot nicer of a guy than I am. If I sat in the dark for as long as you, wondering where my hard earned money is, it would be a big fat NEGATIVE.

****ty business, not to mention very misleading.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 PM
spoolinturbo
Rennlist Member

well...if i dont get my refund in a couple days...then yes it will be negative. because thats what they stated. ill admit im being nice about it, but like i told them in an email...they are close, and if they can email me in the near future and say "i have this bumper, in a box...right in front of me" ill drive the 3 hrs to get it.

but if i dont get it soon...the fires from hell will rise lol. i have the

transaction dispute dept manager in my phone for my bank = constantly emailing each other
their banking liason
craigs airfield site manager (where they work out of)
ebay fraud dept liason
the company they use to enter credit card numbers
plus others

all on standby...im giving them their few days to process the refund...ill keep u all posted.

I also spoke with lindsey too...and he is a very swell guy!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Does anyone live anywhere near these guys. I am very interested in one of their body kits but I might have to pay someone to go and pick it up??
Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I think I do? Just moved here though.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Some people are just great at what they do, but terrible at running a business. I am sure everyone has run into people like this at some time, I sure have on a number of occasions.

It is such a shame as he does such good engine work and has developed neat body kits, but he obviously hasn't a clue about communicating with his customers or managing his inventory.

I know a similar person/company in a state just north of me who has the same issues.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Some people are just great at what they do, but terrible at running a business. I am sure everyone has run into people like this at some time, I sure have on a number of occasions.

It is such a shame as he does such good engine work and has developed neat body kits, but he obviously hasn't a clue about communicating with his customers or managing his inventory.

I know a similar person/company in a state just north of me who has the same issues.
Its kind of a trade off. Some people feel if their product is good enough that they dont have to do anything for extra business or customer relation. It tends to leave a bad taste in peoples mouths but thats sometimes how it goes.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased brake cooling parts from them years ago and dealt with the same non-communication/delayed shipping issues. Never again. Life's too short to have to deal with that nonsense.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They were banned from eBay a few years back under a different user name for the same crap.
I don't know why people continue to do mail order bussiness with them

I bought a set of braided brake lines from them 5 or so years ago and never received them or a refund.

Probably the worst place to buy parts from via mail.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 PM
spoolinturbo
Rennlist Member

i did receive my refund today, and i left neutral feedback stating i would purchase from them, but in person.
I do kelli is a nice person on the phone, im not completely sure of their situation. All i know is, i got my money back when i went ballistic haha.

in my own opinion...and this is out of speculation. But it appears they have some aerospace company they run out of craigs airfield...and the porsche thing is just...a hobby, not their main purpose. I think it was originally split in two, and now its kind of...joined with their aerospace company. I think if they were to get a handle on it all, they could be a great company. Cause you can see how their home page has been changing. Soooooooooo idk.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had multiple positive dealings with them. It sucks to hear you had issues. Their widebody kits are great!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 PM
spoolinturbo
Rennlist Member

ya, it was kind of negative...but i got my money back. and i know ill call them after i get moved into my new house and make arrangements to come there and pick up and pay in person.

Quick Reply: buyer beware: autosport fl/broadfoot racing