Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - drag racing = bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 06:39 PM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT - drag racing = bad

As I was driving down Hwy. 78 on friday night, I witnessed a fire engine responding to a car wreck at a fairly busy intersection. When I drove past the intersection yesterday I unfortunately saw a memorial at the intersection dedicated to someone that goes to my high school. At school today, I found out that the senior who was killed was making a left turn when an idiot who was drag racing someone else smashed into his car. My fellow classmate was ejected from his car upon impact, rushed to the local hospital, recieved brain surgery on Friday night, and died early Sunday morning. It's a shame that idiots are allowed to get driver's lisences, get into cars, and drag race down a busy street. Due to the racers' actions, this kid will never be able to attain his lifelong dreams.

If you feel the urge to drag race, please keep it on the track, otherwise look foward to your jail time for man slaughter. Remember to buckle up, it's too late to save this life but it can save your's.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I cant stand street racers either- too dangerous and usually the victim is someone else. Zero common sense.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:34 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must admit that I'm guilty of street racing once. It was on a four lane (two each way) road with no driveways/ intersections. It was me in my Lumina against a Testarossa...needless to say I lost.

That being said, I do not condone street racing at all. There's a group of ricers at my school that always do it. Let me describe the most recent incident:

I was dropping my friend off in the subdivision across the street from the school, when I saw a kid in his silver Civic EX pulled over by the cops. I go drop my other friend off, and see the same kid again, doing a burn out out of a driveway. Then this crappy Civic hatchback (complete with steel rims and a "racing flag" paint scheme passes me going uphill. So now it's liks this [school bus] [Civic 1] [Civic 2] [Me]. The school bus is stopping, and now letting kids off. The kid in the 2nd civic pulls along side the other civic, and both start reving their engines. They both take off around the stopped school bus (this is only a 2 lane road). They both turn into the next subdivision going about 45, and not knowing how to drive their cars, Civic 2 slams into the driver's door of Civic 1. Fortunatly, no one was even scratched, but both cars got pretty messed up. Of course, mommy and daddy payed for the repairs and they're both back on the road-plus two foot spoilers

Anyway, it just seems like the collective intelligence of the street racing community is far below average.

Quick Reply: OT - drag racing = bad