Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions - NOS Porsche/OEM floormats PICS Added!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions - NOS Porsche/OEM floormats PICS Added!

Hey guys,

are these mats worth it? I searched and read through all the old threads about them. I know we really can't get them anymore.

I found an old parts guy who has a set of the black with black letters mats (4 mats) he wants like $145-160 shipped. I called around and was able to source a list of the colors they came in when you could order them and I didn't see linen - they had "beige" and grey and burgundy and tan, marine blue, black, etc. but not too much indication of what other colors of writing were available for the "Porsche" script.

Would that beige be linen?

This is close to/a little more than it would cost for the tequipment mats and the lloyds. I was thinking lloyds because of what people said about the cheap feeling/wear on the teq's.

I have a two tone black/linen late interior - all carpet and seats are linen. Console linen, Dash black top linen bottom, door panels are black top strip with linen handles, centers, bottoms and map pockets. All headliner and side panels are black, luggage shade is black.

Car is Guards Red. If I went with the other brands, I was going to get black mats with red or linen Porsche or linen mats with red or black Porsche. I like OEM stuff for preservation/originality, do you think it will be not woth it b/c of the black/black?

The only upgrade I am considering is the anodized red Momo Race steering wheel I got from a friend, hence the possibility of red letters rather than black, linen, etc.

And how do you think they will wear? I am doing maybe 2 or 3 k a year in mileage, if I get the real ones they will get covered or be for show/sunny days only.

Are these the correct original mats? This is what they sent me.

Thanks.

Last edited by flat12boxer; 06-02-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Bump for pics.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Black and Linen interior on my Black 944. I am the original owner and still have the original mats. They are linen with Black lettering that says Porsche. The lettering is not recessed like your picture. My car is a 87 so I don't know if they changed carpet types each year.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:45 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Sands944, is the mat pictured at least the same shape as one of yours? Do you have the rivets on them? Anyone else?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

No mine does not have the rivets. My passenger side is basically a rectangle but my drivers side section under the brake petal is a square section and there is a seperate little square next to it that sits on top of the area where you rest your left foot when it is not on the clutch. I would take pictures but it is dark out right now. I can do it tommorow if you want. Let me know.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Please do that when you have a moment. I also have a set of mats that came in my 89, I would like to see how they compare to yours. Yours also sound different from the ones that came with my car.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Sorry it took so long to get this picture but when I took the mats out today to take the picture they were dirty. I got out the carpet cleaner and did all the cars.

Here they are the original mats that came in my car when I bought it new in 1987 from the dealer. I think they have held up well considering they are twenty three years old. The car was not my daily driver during the first ten years I pampered it in the beginning. Now it is my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Need opinions - NOS Porsche/OEM floormats PICS Added!