Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got a ticket :( cheer me up

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:15 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by David R. Hendrickson:
<strong>but now in WA the cop doesn't even have to show up (unless you subpoena him). his signed, sworn statement on the ticket is the same as him being there. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Call the court and ask for the filing date of your ticket. If it is more than 48 business hours after your ticket, the case "may be dismissed without prejudice." I beat many tickets in Washington state this way. What's nice about it is that you make a pretrial motion and the judge doesn't have to read the officers statement aloud. You also don't have to try to present some kind of lame *** argument in front of the court.

<a href="http://www.courts.wa.gov/rules/display.cfm?group=clj&set=IRLJ&ruleid=cljirlj2.2" target="_blank">IRLJ2.2</a>

*standard disclaimer* I am not a lawyer, follow my advice at your own peril!
Old 07-25-2002, 08:58 AM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

Ive also read that you can call police station and find out what day the cop is off and schedual your court date on his day off,he will not be thier on his day off!
Old 07-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Mr. Z.
Instructor

also, the cop that filled out the ticket did not check what mode of assesing my speed was used (radar, clocked, estimate) could i use this to my advantage?
Old 07-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Dave H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
prob'ly not. he's most likely stated the method in his writen statement. most states don't dismiss tickets for minor mistakes by the officer...
Old 07-26-2002, 01:31 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

i got stopped a while ago, they let me off because they screwed up on the actual date of citation. good for them.. better for me.

try this...
<a href="http://www.speedtrap.org/" target="_blank">http://www.speedtrap.org/</a>
Old 07-26-2002, 04:10 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Ive also read that you can call police station and find out what day the cop is off and schedual your court date on his day off,he will not be thier on his day off!

Hmmm, interesting.. Here in Cali, the copper's vacation days were actually listed on the courtesy notice I was sent.

Great advice given by folks here who've had a tangle with the man. There are people who fight these things for a living! Give them some work, call your attorney, give him your story, crack open a brewski, end of story!
Old 07-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Brian Wilson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've never had the cop show up for all 4 of my tickets. I wouldn't take that no seatbelt thing. If he got you on radar then you pretty much have to take that one. Next time, if you really want to **** the cop off, ask him to see the radar... It is the law in TN that they have to show it to you and if they said that they cleared it then they can't write you a ticket!!! The cops usually don't like that, but it's your ticket, and all of mine have been $150+ and then 30 more for driving school.

BTW - just because I work for the man, does that give me a better chance of meeting him....
Old 07-26-2002, 07:38 PM
Mr. Z.
Instructor

"Call the court and ask for the filing date of your ticket. If it is more than 48 business hours after your ticket, the case "may be dismissed without prejudice." "

steve...i dont really know what u mean by this...could u elaborate a little? thnx guys for the good advise.

Quick Reply: just got a ticket :( cheer me up