Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRP Black Billet Racing Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRP Black Billet Racing Pedals

I sent some pedals off to get anodized and I got them back yesterday. I am very happy with the results. I am going to offer them in both the solid black finish, and the black/silver finish. On the pedals with the silver holes, I am going to try to make them look a little better. We have to re-countersink the holes to get rid of the anodizing, and they didn't end up quite as clean as we'd like. They look good at arms length and would look great installed, but not quite perfect up close.

For pricing, these are going to run $20 extra for the black and $25 for the two-tone. Right now I have a few sets of the Grid style on the shelf ready to go. Once I get an idea of what people want, or if they even want this at all, I'll try to keep more on the shelf. If I don't have it, it will likely be a couple week turn around time, which I hate, so be patient. If you like these, or not, please let me know. If you'd like to order just shoot a pm or email to check availability. I haven't yet added them to the website, but will do so shortly.

Last, I can't make any guarantee to the finish lasting. This is the thing that has kept me from offering this in the past. Pedals are a wear item. When the raw aluminum wears, it doesn't look bad. When the black anodizing wears, you are going to see bright aluminum shining through. The anodizing is supposed to be harder than the aluminim, so I don't know how long this might take. I just want to be honest and upfront about things.
Brian

Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look really good! I like the all black.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are sweet. I should have my gas pedal in tonight and will take photos for your other thread.

...now, why didn't you offer these when I bought mine last week...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the ones with shiney holes :lol:
Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I really like those, especially the ones with the silver holes. I'd probably buy them if I didn't already have a set of pedal covers...

BB.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Oh, and a thought that occurred to me earlier... If you do decide to do the all-black ones, make sure you offer black screws, too. You probably alread thought of that, tho.

BB.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man...why did you go and do that.

Those pedals are fantastic.

C.

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BeerBurner
Oh, and a thought that occurred to me earlier... If you do decide to do the all-black ones, make sure you offer black screws, too. You probably alread thought of that, tho.

BB.
Good point. I actually have some black anodized machine screws from years ago on the shelf. I'll need to source some more and see if they make the self tappers in the anodized too.

Brian
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Yay! I contributed something useful!

It's about time... the week is almost over...

BB.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those... are... sweeet!

My math sucks, so..
$124 + $20 or $25 = a Set? (+S&H)

Do you think some sort of Coating would help protect them? We can always powder coat them later on if they wear so np.

You could prolly just test the wear by using some sandpaper or a Wire Wheel, and see how hard it is to brush it off.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM
pedalpusher
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Erzengal
Those... are... sweeet!

My math sucks, so..
$124 + $20 or $25 = a Set? (+S&H)

Do you think some sort of Coating would help protect them? We can always powder coat them later on if they wear so np.

You could prolly just test the wear by using some sandpaper or a Wire Wheel, and see how hard it is to brush it off.

I need to look at the numbers and finalize the pricing. I think it is going to come in less than the $20 and $25.
The anodizing is the protective "coating". I think it will hold up much better than powdercoating in this application. Anodizing is a chemical process that causes the aluminum to oxidize, forming a hard surface barrier. During one of the later steps they can add dye to the mix, in this case black. The oxidation actually goes a couple thousandths of an inch into the metal. It is much tougher than a surface coat or paint. (this is my simplified understanding of the process).

Good ideas about testing the surface. I'm going to try some different things, but i don't think there is going to be a good substitute for actual use.

I'll update the thread with pricing when I nail it down, hopefully this weekend.

Brian

Quick Reply: SRP Black Billet Racing Pedals