Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUYER WARNING: Doug Cooper in Houston TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Default BUYER WARNING: Doug Cooper in Houston TX

My money has been refunded. Will delete my posted content as promised.

Last edited by RSflared72e; 04-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry about the problems. I have been in the Porsche biz for a while and can affirm that there are bad people out there. Not that this guy is bad, but in addition miscommunications are common and when you find a KNOWLEDGABLE parts guy, it is worth. Good luck.
Have any pics of a RSflared72e. I love early cars.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSflared72e
To give you the bottom line, this seller currently holds $200 of my money, with no parts delivered, and no response to multiple requests for a refund. This was preceded by a process of unmet promises and poor and/or misleading communication, which occurred in a way to prevent me from attempting to pick up the items. He may be the best guy in the world, but the sequence of events here looks like a scam.

I first linked up with him via his ads on Pelican. He has made no further posts there since I began having this issue. The details I know of:

Name as registered with Paypal: Doug Cooper
Email address: cooperjdka@sbcglobal.net
His phone number: 281-537-5150
He also advertises Porsche parts on the Houston craigslist frequently; they usually start with "NW Houston"

Doug, I will be happy to delete this post. Just looking for you to settle up with me.

Anyone with info regarding him, please feel free to PM me. Again, I am not looking to smear anyone, just trying to get fair treatment on what is becoming a very annoying situation.
How long has this been going on? I have been waiting for parts for a while, but sellers have had excellent communication, no not this guy but trying to gauge timeframe...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Paid him on April 3rd. Nothing but bait and switch since then.

I don't have any great pics of the 72 to post. It is undergoing a very slow restoration, which is why I needed the 911 parts so bad from this guy. I have another chassis I am trying to make into a runner while the 72 is restored.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I don't have any great pics of the 72 to post. It is undergoing a very slow restoration, which is why I needed the 911 parts so bad from this guy. I have another chassis I am trying to make into a runner while the 72 is restored.
Well, I am still waiting to see parts I paid for in March, but my sellers are great, and communicate, and I'm not in a HUGE hurry, although my frame of mind could change this weekend if some of the other parts I only paid for 10 days ago show up by the end of the week...

Sorry the guy seems to be blowing you off, it is a shame some people just can't seem to help themselves, or blow you off AFTER the sale...
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

content deleted

Last edited by RSflared72e; 04-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

To add insult to injury, I changed travel plans around this guy's promises of a prompt suspension parts delivery.

I could have gotten the same parts out of storage, where I have them in another state. Instead, I flew rather than driving my truck ,and was thus unable to retrieve them. So I have a non-rolling car AND am out $200.
I just read your location... Where bouts you living, I lived in the cove for a while, moved to Kileen, and finally ended in Harker Heights before being sent to Korea... Loved the lakes, hated the base, loved the burger place on the drag in Kileen that only served one size and always in plane white wrapper... Oh the memories...

Paragon is in Corpus Christi, should be able to get parts to you next day... 2nd day at worst... Might be worth it to see if they have what you need... How did you pay? some payment services will allow you to dispute, and if you used a credit card, you can dispute it through the credit card company...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Really? You threw someone under the bus for not getting your parts within only 12 days of payment? During which time there was a major holiday? (GoodFriday/Easter) For a measley $200?

No offense, but you are out of line, impatient, and this really doesn't belong here.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Really? You threw someone under the bus for not getting your parts within only 12 days of payment? During which time there was a major holiday? (GoodFriday/Easter) For a measley $200?

No offense, but you are out of line, impatient, and this really doesn't belong here.
There are buyers who are patient (me, never in a hurry) and those who need the parts they have paid for to proceed with a major project or put a car back on the road, IF as a buyer I quit getting any reply from a seller, I too would get anxious... and possibly upset... There could be perfectly good explanation, or another bloodsucker out there... OR parts could have been lost in shipment...

If it were me, I would drive from Ft Hood to Huston to pick up the parts, or take some sort of action to get my money back....

I feel for the OP, and don't take exception to his posting here, I have gotten parts within 2 days of paying for them AND I have waited a month for parts, but then with 4 cars I usually don't NEED to get any one of them running for any real reason other then the need for spee... nevermind...

Oh well..FLAME ON... and OP did offer to modify/delete posts if seller made good on promised shipment (even if late...)

Not to mention, I know a whole lot of people around here would kill over a lot less than $200.. calling it measly is demeaning to anyone who really has a value on the money they spend...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood

Oh well..FLAME ON... and OP did offer to modify/delete posts if seller made good on promised shipment (even if late...)

Not to mention, I know a whole lot of people around here would kill over a lot less than $200.. calling it measly is demeaning to anyone who really has a value on the money they spend...
Smearing someone's reputation, after only what, 8-9 working days at best, is not fair.................even given the caveat that the post would be deleted or removed. It's a threat. And the damage to reputation is done even if the seller makes good.

If you (or theoretical others) would kill over $200, you have some serious issues. I have a value on the money I spend, so spare your insults. My morals, and sense of what is right or wrong, is also valuable. Moreso than money. Apparently "demeaning" is in the eye of the beholder here.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

content deleted

Last edited by RSflared72e; 04-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tifosman,

You need to read the similar thread on Pelican about this guy. There are three other guys with similar stories with this gent. Payments made up front, only to receive promise after unmet promise, while he sits on our money and fails to follow through.

If you think saying so is "throwing someone under the bus", I don't get it. Getting ripped off and letting others who might be future victims know about it is wrong?

I would be happy to PM you with details of my particular situation. How I made it very clear that I need the parts right away or not at all, and he promised to deliver them. So I alter travel plans based on his promises, travel that could have allowed me to get parts elsewhere.

Then I didn't hear from him. So I call and get a casual "oh, yeah, we can't deliver the parts", so I offer to make the 4 hr (each way) drive to Houston to get the parts on the (NOT Easter) weekend 2 weeks ago. So he refuses to answer any messages, and I have no idea where he and the parts are exactly, so I can't just drive down there.

Then, when the weekend is over, he magically begins answering calls and he switches to "I'll ship via Greyhound". Then he doesn't ship them. So I call and email again. And then he finally clams up altogether. WHILE HE STILL SITS ON MY MONEY. And the same thing happens to others.

If he's being thrown under the bus for having his seller practices identified, what is happening to me and these other three fellows?

I am sorry that you are having problems getting your parts. What were they exactly maybe somone else can help?

Mark
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

content deleted

Last edited by RSflared72e; 04-22-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whether 'flared' is impatient or not, you'd think the other guy would at least reply to his requests -
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Whether 'flared' is impatient or not, you'd think the other guy would at least reply to his requests -
+1, when operating as a business, it is good form to handle ALL customers well, and difficult customers extra well, if faced with a customer who you perceive as "difficult" or "impatient", you expedite their order, and cross your fingers they don't order again... as this thread is gaining age and still not resolved, I am guessing this individual deserves the negative advert...

Quick Reply: BUYER WARNING: Doug Cooper in Houston TX