Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate to do this but i have to sell my car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Antonio951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate to do this but i have to sell my car.

I have almost had this car for 5 years and its time for it to go im the second owner verified on the carfax.

Two reasons i have to sell, it doesnt get driven enough and the economy isnt the best so i could use the money for other things. The car gets driven approx 1500 miles/year and just sits covered up in the garage during winter. I love this car and hate to sell it but i have to.

I bought it from a guy in AZ with 58460 miles. I had a PPI done at a dealership in AZ and then had it shipped to me. Im going to try and include all the service i have done to the car, sorry about all the pictures but i want to be as thorough as possible for interested parties. I know if im buying a car i would rather have more information then less.

It was shipped to www.euromotorworks.com 01-17-2005 with 58471 miles and this was the first preventive maintenance service i had them do for me:

Oil/filter change, Transmission oil change with redline MT-1, Timing belt, water pump, rollers, thermostat, balance shaft belt, balance belt pulley, balance belt tensioner, fuel filter, engine mounts, replace accessory belts, replace front engine seals.
$3227 and i have the repair order.

At 60189 i took it back and they re-tensioned the timing belt and changed the oil.
$288

At 62000 miles i had the cam housing gasket replaced, replaced cooling hoses, changed the oil/filter and replaced/repacked the CV joints/boots, coolant flush.
$975

At 63622 i had a oil/filter change

At 64200 i bought and installed new rear koni yellow shocks and had a 4 wheel alignment done.
$300

At 65001 i had the clutch replaced, New pressure plate, Throw out bearing, Flywheel bolts, Pilot bearing and rear main seal. I also replaced the exhaust with the SFR unit and replaced the transmission oil with redline MT-1.
$3000

Flywheel was resurfaced

At 65590 i had a 4 wheel brake flush done and replaced the brake reservoir.

At 66231 i had the oil/filter changed, replaced Power steering pump, replaced inner and outer tie rods, replaced steering rack and a 4 wheel alignment.

At approx 67000 miles i bought the Vitesse maf/chip board kit and upgraded the FPR to a 3bar.

At approx 68000 miles i replaced the waste gate with a Tial 38, resealed the throttle body and installed a new Throttle position switch.
This was the time it had its "boost virginity taken" Its been at 11psi stock boost since 1986, i have it set at 14psi and havent gone above that.

Thats about it, there are a lot of small little things i have done but i dont remember them, please dont hesitate to ask questions i will do my best to answer them.
Here is a list of things i can think of that has been replaced.

The GOOD:
New steering rack
New inner and outer tie rods
New power steering pump
New power steering lines and reservoir
New clutch
New motor mounts
All belts and waterpump done approx 13.000 miles ago
New oil pressure sending unit
New fuel filter
New plugs
New wires
New cap
New rotor
New cross drilled zimmerman rotors
New brake pads
968 Mirrors
968 Door handles
968 CPR Replica wing
New tail light lenses
Venturi delete
New vac lines
Clear turnsignal & side markers
18x8.5 18x10 BSA wheels with new michelin pilot tires. 285 rear 225 front.
That wheel and tire combo cost over $2500.
New brake fluid reservoir
New coolant reservoir
Vitesse MAF/Chip board
Lindsey hard pipes
3bar Fuel pressure regulator
New TPS sensor
New Fuel pressure Dampner
SFR Test pipe (cat delete) and cat back
Tial 38 wastegate
New koni rear shocks
Millions of hand washes,
Trillions of waxes etc etc...

The BAD:
There is a tiny oil leak from the oil filter mounting housing. I had it diagnosed and it was going to cost 400 to replace a seal. The place that has done most of the work (www.euromotorworks.com) told me it wont cause any trouble. Once i drive the car and park it, it takes about 1 week and it leaves 3-4 small drops of oil on the floor. Thats all it leaves, it doesnt leak a bunch like most cars.

The pass side window switch does not work, it doesnt roll the window down. However, you can roll it down from the driver side.
The driver side power seat works in the tilt DOWN position but not tilt UP. Needs a new seat switch, they are cheap on ebay, i never changed it because the seat is perfect the way it is.

There are 2 small chips on the driver door, a hand full of tiny chips on the hood and another chip on the pass door. The pass door was repainted in the early 90's due to beeing keyed. I had the nose panel and head light buckets repainted because of some rock chips. The car is over 22 years old, its not perfect but its in great shape. Im very picky thats why i say its not perfect, but everytime i have it out it turns heads. At stop lights, car guys roll their windows down asking about it, at gas stations i get great compliments etc. But it IS a 1986 and not a 2006, so there are a few little chips and scuffs but it looks alot better then most 22 year old cars.
There are alot of people on the list that has seen the car and that know me and how i take care of my cars. I dont track it or beat it on the street.
I have taken it to porsches 2 oxford a couple times and to countless other carshows, i love driving this car and it performs flawless on those 300+ mile trips.

To sum it all up, its a very reliable car that i wouldnt hesitate taking on a 500+ mile trip any day of the week, it has never left me stranded because of a mechanical breakdown.

Here is a few pictures, i will was it today and snap some new pictures of it and throw it up on ebay.

Heres a link to 4 pages of pictures including the clutch change.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/1986944turbo

It has around 69850 on the miles and its an 86. The car is located in Indiana. $14500 takes it to a new home.
Send me an email or a PM with any questions.
antonioali@yahoo.com

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Antonio951; 03-03-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the first and fourth photos, I see the 968 replica wing; but it looks like a stock rubber spoiler in the second photo. Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
In the first and fourth photos, I see the 968 replica wing; but it looks like a stock rubber spoiler in the second photo. Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?
Hmmm... clearly that's before the update.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Good luck on the sale. I always thought your black 951 was the nicest I've ever seen. Your paint is near flawless.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
The picture with the stock urethane wing was before Antonio did the upgrade.

This car is one of the finest examples of aPorsche 951. Very well taken care of by its' owner, who spared no expense in the upkeep and improvements. This car reminds me of Judsons...except in black.

Who ever buys it will be very, very happy.

Antonio, I am sorry to hear that you are selling, but good luck with your sale, and if I can help let me know.

PATRICK

Last edited by CPR; 03-02-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marcquito
Hmmm... clearly that's before the update.
Correct, some of the pictures in my rennlist gallery are from before some of the upgrades. The most recent picture is the one with the black wheels and the wing.

I updated the original post, sorry about all the photos but i want to include as much detail as possible so the next buyer has good information.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

First Judson, now this!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Gorgeous car!!!!!

What was up with the flywheel in the first photo? Looks to be caked in mud...
Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by Antonio951
Correct, some of the pictures in my rennlist gallery are from before some of the upgrades. The most recent picture is the one with the black wheels and the wing.

I updated the original post, sorry about all the photos but i want to include as much detail as possible so the next buyer has good information.
Antonio,

So you know, If I had 15k, I'd gladly send all of it to you before all bills and living expenses. I LOVE black. I hope one day I can have such a beautiful example. Sorry this economy has pushed you into a corner to make such a tough decision.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:45 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful, simply just beautiful.

(speechless lol)
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Originally Posted by VaSteve
Gorgeous car!!!!!

What was up with the flywheel in the first photo? Looks to be caked in mud...
When i first got the car in 05, i washed the engine and if water gets on the bellhousing, it will get on the clutch/flywheel. Then when you drive the car it will leave a rusty film of metal on the area kinda like break pads do when you drive and park for a while. Thats the only explanation i have and i think its the right one.
Its nice and clean though in the other picture with it resurfaced
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
S4ordie
Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 195 Posts

I'm sorry but I have no idea where you live or where the car is located. No location listed in your profile that I have been able to find. This is not to say that as a noob I am ignorant of where to search.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Indiana
Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
RedRose
Racer

Prettiest car I've ever seen. Wow.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
DanR
Drifting

paint is like a mirror! good luck

Quick Reply: Hate to do this but i have to sell my car.