Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Regulator!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Glen Glen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fuel Regulator!

I posted about this problem maybe two or three weeks ago. From your guys insight I think I may found out what the problem might be, but not sure.

Anyway, When ever I hit the gas I get a lot of white smoke that kind of smells like gas. Could the fuel pressure regulator. If not, what else could the be problem, How do I check if it is the fuel pressure regulator.

If it ends up being the fuel pressure regulator, will replacing fix the problem entirely.

Thanks in advanced!
Old 06-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Greg

i dont think it would be the fuel pressure regulator. . .
<a href="http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/fuel-07.htm" target="_blank">http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/fuel-07.htm</a>
i just replaced my regulator to get my car started, but i dont see anything about white smoke symptoms for a faulty FPR. . . hope this helps a little.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Naw, I wouldn't say regulator either. More likely leaky injector. All the fuel pressure regulator does is just what the name implies; regulates how much pressure is held in the fuel rail.

If the regulator went bad and was holding too much pressure I could see it accelerating the appearance of the symptoms you describe, but only because an injector was already worn out.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Glen Glen
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replys, I'll have the injectors checked out.

Another thing, I checked the oil and it's a real milky looking brown and it has a faint smell of gas, Is this a sympton of a leaky injector.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:53 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't know so much about the milky looking part but the gas smell sure sounds like an injector or two may be leaking. The milky part actually sounds like oil and coolant mixing. What exactly do you mean by milky, like creamy milky? Is there a brownish oily film in your coolant overflow tank? If there is gas in the oil it will merely stink and maybe be a little bit thinned out. If there is coolant in the oil it will be milkshakey, creamy milky and smell kind of sweet (like coolant). If there is gas in there as well you will most likely not be able to smell the coolant though.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Glen Glen
Rennlist Member

WOW, this sucks, It is a creamy milky brown and the smoke in the exhaust sure sounds like a head gasket. Im sure I have injector leaking or two. Not the mention the valve cover gasket needs replacing too. All this in a matter of a month.

I think its time for a new Porsche
Old 06-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, maybe. Could just be the oil cooler seal leaking though.

Quick Reply: Fuel Regulator!