Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Few Pics of the new car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008 | 06:16 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

interior looks good
Old 12-31-2008 | 06:26 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Nice car. A quick question....are those the correct offset phone dials on the turbo? They look like they are set into the wheel wells to far.
Old 12-31-2008 | 06:52 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

LOL - I was bidding on that car too Congrats.
Old 12-31-2008 | 07:00 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kcwsJim
LOL - I was bidding on that car too Congrats.
I got it $19.20 below my max, next bid took it.....

Wheels are 16s not sure about being proper or correct, But going to be replaced with 17" twists I got off craigslist a few months ago...
Old 12-31-2008 | 07:29 PM
GTSilver944
Burning Brakes

Looks great. You got it for a steal!
Old 12-31-2008 | 08:03 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

that car doesn't need paint!! just needs a good buff! I'll take care of it this summer if you want, once i pick up some new mequiars stuff, that's what i did my car with, it was completely pink, looked worse than yours. Once i was done buffing it (probably took 6 hours) it looked brand new!
Old 12-31-2008 | 09:05 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BPG_Austin
Nice to know they can be had for prices like that. Very interesting...
I have to disagree. I think we will very soon see many fine and formerly well-maintained examples fall into the hands of the casual "cool! A Porsche for the price of an old beater!" buyer who has neither the motivation nor resources to keep the car running. Sad.

Theoretically, these cars could be kept running for many more years. I just don't see that happening if these cars are becoming basically "give aways"... and once the number of cars on the road with owners actually willing to buy things for them to keep them there falls below a critical number, the aftermarket parts industry becomes uninterested in making replacement parts available. I think it could all change quite quickly.

I'm glad this particular car ended up with an owner who obviously intends to keep it in good condition, and understands what's involved in that. Congrats! But the extreme fall in prices has a dark side too, I suspect.
Old 12-31-2008 | 09:32 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

it's because people looking for a "cheap" porsche can now buy a a boxster for not much more than a 944 turbo.
Old 12-31-2008 | 09:48 PM
jtsporsche
Three Wheelin'

where was the car originally located?
Old 01-01-2009 | 12:15 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lovemyp-car
that car doesn't need paint!! just needs a good buff! I'll take care of it this summer if you want, once i pick up some new mequiars stuff, that's what i did my car with, it was completely pink, looked worse than yours. Once i was done buffing it (probably took 6 hours) it looked brand new!
Owner I bought it off of even included the buffer he used when he sold me the car, he actually managed to burn the SH*T out of the paint with a random orbital (I much prefer my rotary with a good foam pad to a RO, but that is just me). I also prefer 3M to Meguiars, 3M seems to have better consistency in their compounds, but it really is a personal preference, and I was brought up using 3M, so I use what I know. There are several places where the PO burned the paint, and one or two larger chips on the sides of the car, I will work on getting the body straight, then painting the whole car. Might be more money, but the over all effect will last much longer.

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
I have to disagree. I think we will very soon see many fine and formerly well-maintained examples fall into the hands of the casual "cool! A Porsche for the price of an old beater!" buyer who has neither the motivation nor resources to keep the car running. Sad.

Theoretically, these cars could be kept running for many more years. I just don't see that happening if these cars are becoming basically "give aways"... and once the number of cars on the road with owners actually willing to buy things for them to keep them there falls below a critical number, the aftermarket parts industry becomes uninterested in making replacement parts available. I think it could all change quite quickly.

I'm glad this particular car ended up with an owner who obviously intends to keep it in good condition, and understands what's involved in that. Congrats! But the extreme fall in prices has a dark side too, I suspect.
The PO I bought it from bought it off a kid with the "cool, a porsche" mentaility, he got it on the cheap as the kids mom had said enough of her money going into a car the kid wasn't keeping up with. I bought it off a cool guy, second 944 for him as well, and he took car of it, but needs lessons in polishing a car as there are several spots he burned the SH*T out of the paint (look at the header panel). I have been on the prowl looking for a decent looking car on the cheap, and was surprised this went for $3200 and some change, fires right up and runs like a bet out of hell right up to 5500 RPM, strong boost, no leaks (other than the PS fluid we all leak). I feel I got one hell of a deal, even though it needs a paint job. body issues are nothing a hammer and dolly can't take care of in 30 minutes or so (dings in both doors and one small on behind the passenger door on a crease). Will end up being one hell of a car when I get done with it....

Thank you for the reply, and I agree low prices have an effect, however other sales have been MUCH higher, and a well cared for car will still bring a premium, but as with any other collectors car, it will take finding a buyer for to get top dollar.. I attribute the price I got this one for more to me being cheap than the value of the car, I just got it for a price I was willing to pay, not the price it should have sold for, but I could be wrong

Originally Posted by jtsporsche
where was the car originally located?
From the carfax, Originally sold in California, then in Arkansas, I bought it from the Arkansas owner who is now located in Illinois (work related)..
Old 01-01-2009 | 09:38 AM
aben8057
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTSilver944
Looks great. You got it for a steal!

Ditto $3200..nice
Old 01-01-2009 | 05:34 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Mmmm delicious sport seats.
Old 01-18-2009 | 12:26 AM
Dougs951
Race Car

What condition is the dash in?
Old 01-18-2009 | 11:21 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dougs951
What condition is the dash in?
2 Cracks, I was thinking about doing a hand stitched leather recover to match the interior, and use red thread to match the exterior, kinda like the Porvette on E-bay minus the chevy emblem

Thoughts anyone?
Old 01-18-2009 | 11:55 AM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Thoughts anyone?
What's with the bowtie on the tach? Gotta fix that.

Quick Reply: A Few Pics of the new car...