Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

86 951 for sale - $7500 neg.!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003 | 02:14 AM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Post 86 951 for sale - $7500 neg.!

Hey guys,

My buddy needs to sell his 951 fairly quickly and he asked me if anyone I knew would be interested in the car. I, of course, came here first. Its a beautiful example from 1986 and he's owned it since 1988 (second owner). He currently has an upgraded FPR and APE Stage 2 chips in it, along with a strut tower brace and cross-drilled/slotted rotors. It also has the factory M030 option. Here's a link to a page I made for him that has all the information and a load of pictures. Email me at jasfox@vt.edu if you are interested!

<a href="http://poose.reactivesoftware.com/944/for-sale.php" target="_blank">86 951 for sale</a>
Old 06-12-2003 | 02:33 AM
Ethan
Rennlist Member

Timing is everything, the for sale signs go on the S2 tommorow in search for a turbo.
Old 06-12-2003 | 04:08 AM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

Ethan,

Does that mean you may be interested in the car? He lives here in Blacksburg with me (about 5.5 hours from Baltimore), so its not too far away. Let me know if you want any more information on the car or would like to give my friend a call and chat about it.
Old 06-12-2003 | 09:48 AM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, that's my car... better price though (I'm not desperate to sell)
Old 06-12-2003 | 10:11 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Those photos don't do the car justice (I am guessing). And the interior is burgundy, not brown...right??
Old 06-12-2003 | 10:57 AM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by AndyK:
<strong>Those photos don't do the car justice (I am guessing). And the interior is burgundy, not brown...right??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Most definitely. I'm trying to get him to take some better photos of the car now. We snapped those real quick one afternoon just as the sun was going down. The interior is, in fact, brown. The flash on the camera makes it look burgundy in some spots, but if you look at the steering wheel you'll notice its brown. The carpet however is burgundy.
Old 06-12-2003 | 11:30 AM
Vaino
Racer

His '86 has the "factory M030 option". Did he install it, or does it show up on the optin codes in the trunk? I understood that the factory M030 option didn't arrive until '87.
Old 06-12-2003 | 12:08 PM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Vaino:
<strong>His '86 has the "factory M030 option". Did he install it, or does it show up on the optin codes in the trunk? I understood that the factory M030 option didn't arrive until '87.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Hmm, thats a good question. I'll ask him today or get the option codes off his car. When he told me all the stuff he had he mentioned he had a "rare Club Sport suspension package" of which only a handful of cars in 86 had. I just assumed he meant the M030 option. I haven't checked the option codes to verify. I also wasn't aware that the 86s didn't come with M030 - good to know!
Old 06-12-2003 | 12:55 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Tadi:
<strong>The interior is, in fact, brown. The flash on the camera makes it look burgundy in some spots, but if you look at the steering wheel you'll notice its brown. The carpet however is burgundy.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I think that the brown carpet fades to burgundy based on the variations in my car. All the exposed areas look slightly burgundy but if you pull the seats it quickly fades to brown. It's a slightly unusual look though not at all garish.

In anycase, that car should have NO problems selling if the mechanics are even close to the appearance.
Old 06-12-2003 | 03:00 PM
Tadi
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Brian McCoy:
<strong>In anycase, that car should have NO problems selling if the mechanics are even close to the appearance.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Believe me, they are. I wish he was selling it last october when I was in the market! He's an orthopedic surgeon, so he has the funds to keep it in good shape. For the past 7 years he's used a mechanic in WVA that used to work on 944/951 racecars and has replaced numerous items. The car has great power and handles fantastically. He told me that he hates to sell it, but he needs to liquidate some of his assets to fund the downpayment on his new office. I think he's tired of driving it too, since he tires of cars rather quickly and changes his daily driver every couple of years. His current car is a 2002 MB SLK32 AMG that he wants to replace with a Viper or a 996TT/996TT X50. Its a rough life!

Quick Reply: 86 951 for sale - $7500 neg.!