Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deutsch Nine starts development of the GTS headlight kit for all 924 & 944 N/A cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Sam, sorry mate Beni didn't take many pictures when of the red set

These were originally the develpment model offered up for final fitting measurements - I painted them red before I shipped them over to Switzerland. But is is another one:

And one picture prior to installation (Note: the covers on the red picture did not have the finalised black mask)

We do not make alot of money on the kits as they are quite time comsuming to make and the development costs were $$$$ and then there was all of the testing ontop

We have dropped the price currently to 499 Euros which we consider to be very good considering how strong the $ is getting against the Euro and especially the £ - This is great for you guy's but very bad for us.

We have allready fixed the shipping costs at only 45 Euros which is the very best we can get direct from Switzerland.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 12-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete's version of D9 kit was also nice

here's second shot with some another D9 products

Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
future
Banned

Olli are they going on the other white/orange project car mate?

Did you do any further work on the car at the weekend - Update your thread mate as I look forward to reading the progress.

For those who have not seen Pete's car pictured above (before his big crash ) - Olli and Pete made a custom CF box to house there own design dual light units which I think I'm right in saying were designed for a motorbike
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes Pete's car is totally pieces now. Have to ask if Pete took any pictures, i was not able to attend because i can hardly walk because my knee operation
Actually Pete made those dual light systems himself, mine are still more or less unfinished. I suppose Pete's setup will be installed into Heikki's white 951, because there will be Pete's engine and other stuff which needs to have some additional space. At least Pete's D9 hood vents are installed into Heikki's hood. car is under repaint operation just now, it will be returned to white again.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 PM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by future
We only engineer "mm" perfect fitting products - If I wouldn't put it on my car then I wouldn't want it fitted to yours
while that is true and I'm sure everyone takes pride in their work, I've read some complaints on customers that used the other kits

however, I do like those red ones a lot, how's the shipping to USA?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Sam, sorry mate Beni didn't take many pictures when of the red set

These were originally the develpment model offered up for final fitting measurements - I painted them red before I shipped them over to Switzerland. But is is another one:

And one picture prior to installation (Note: the covers on the red picture did not have the finalised black mask)

We do not make alot of money on the kits as they are quite time comsuming to make and the development costs were $$$$ and then there was all of the testing ontop

We have dropped the price currently to 499 Euros which we consider to be very good considering how strong the $ is getting against the Euro and especially the £ - This is great for you guy's but very bad for us.

We have allready fixed the shipping costs at only 45 Euros which is the very best we can get direct from Switzerland.

Cheers,
Mark
Have you thought about using the dual lights from your other kit kit in the gts bucket? I love the gts look but want great light performance as well.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 PM
future
Banned

Hi Eric we are in the process of doing this at the moment mate

P.S. The N/A GTS kit is now completed so I will be posting some pictures shortly.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Hi Eric we are in the process of doing this at the moment mate

P.S. The N/A GTS kit is now completed so I will be posting some pictures shortly.

Cheers,
Mark
If I'm going to nit-pick, how about guards red around the lenses instead of black. I'd be happy to volunteer my car as a test subject to see how it looks and performs.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 PM
MATT DAMOND
Intermediate

The kit looks great. Can you work in some sort of projector light type set-up with these? I really like what the guys from Finland did with the kit.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:21 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear... I need something different for the race car!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MATT DAMOND
The kit looks great. Can you work in some sort of projector light type set-up with these? I really like what the guys from Finland did with the kit.
Hey Matt,

That's essentially what I was asking.

They are now working on combining this:
http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics

with this:
http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merch...-aero-dynamics

So I think the answer to your question is yes.

I volunteered my car for a test platform but I haven't heard back from Mark if he's interested. I doubt he'll be up for it.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
thoen
Racer

I will be looking forward in buying one for my early 944... put me on your mailing list?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
thoen
Racer

Something came to mind...
can we purchase a primer finished set so that we can paint them to match our cars? this might bring the price down???
Old 01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmmm. i could certainly fab up some mounting pieces and trim to put a true oem HID projector lens in there. mini cooper projectors or maybe even the audi valeo's.

can u take some measurements on the inside? especially depth of the bucket with relation to the clear lens. it may even possible to put in a dual xenon like a mercedes or a lexus one in there. i'll take some measurements of the projectors i got on my shelf.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Johnny Johnny
Instructor

Mark,

Not to sound impatient or anything, but I was wondering if you had a rough timeframe when the dual-light version of these fixed NA headlights might be available? My front-end is completely stripped out while I swap in a v8, and I would love to keep the "extra" space left over from removing the pop-up light motor and hardware. I'm expecting to have the engine work completed by April - do you think this might be feasible?

Also - would the buckets be shipped in primer, or painted?

Thanks,
Ross.

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine starts development of the GTS headlight kit for all 924 & 944 N/A cars