Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: 1 pair of Momo RS-GT seats and brackets potentially FS

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

oh and I definitely agree about Momo quality - I think these seats are very durable and comfortable, and I have gotten a number of compliments on them (to be fair, they are one of the most visible modifications that I've made to the car, but even car guys who know about the other stuff have good things to say about them)
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by white924s
hmm...Tom if you don't mind, do you have any pictures of how you had the seats mounted? I'd be curious to see just to compare because my experience with the Momo's has been very different. I have taken my car on a few long trips (4 hours or more driving) and I don't think I've ever really felt cramps in that part of my leg. If anything, I wouldn't mind sitting a little lower in the car, and it sounds like the Recaros might offer that (bc they don't need a bracket, which is about 3/4-1" on the Momo's)
wedge bar on sparco tracks for the momo. i may have had a washer or two for clearence with the sub belt. for pictures you gotta ask Jon.

The recaros were just recaro tracks bolted to teh seat bolted to the floor. you are talking about 1/4 inch difference, the thickness of the wedge bracket on the momos. not enough to make a difference.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The seats are mounted the generic way as Tom mentioned, he originally put them in the car. I used a few washers (maybe three per side) to arch the front of the seat upwards slightly on the front mounting points.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

ah...I don't really have a bar but more like a tab frame assembly - almost 1" or so high. I don't know if its put together wrong or what, but its definitely more than 1/4". I recently saw that Stable energies has something more like a bar like you mention (http://www.stableenergies.com/prodin...mber=M-ADAPTER). I'll look into that some more, particularly if I can run 6pt harnesses with the Momo's (I'd need to get a rollbar first, but anyway, one step at a time).

It sounds crazy I'm sure, but I have this feeling that 3/4" might just do the trick for me. Thanks guys
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Sorry to dig an old thread up, but I thought I'd give a quick update...

I ended up getting flat tab adapters so I could mount the seat sliders on the floor. The Momo's are now about an inch lower, and I fit much better in the car (the seats are a lot more comfortable) but spent a lot less than Recaros would have set me back. Thanks again to everyone who suggested remounting the Momos rather than buying the Recaros. Nothing against Recaros, I think they're fantastic seats, but my remounted Momos are (in my opinion) every bit as good.

Quick Reply: Feeler: 1 pair of Momo RS-GT seats and brackets potentially FS