Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost ready for paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008 | 04:27 PM
Smoker324
Rennlist Member

I am very impressed with the results of your ghettotastic paint job. Looks great.

What did you clean the sanded surface with prior to putting sealer/primer down? What primer/sealer did you use?

-Dan C.
Old 12-22-2008 | 04:37 PM
NineFourFourNeophyte
Advanced

hi,

first - i like the air diffuser, great improv.
second - it's not lazy after you've done hard work.
third - i think it is the smell of the paint that attracts those bugs, but don't worry it'll buff right out.
fourth - great undertaking and kudos to the outcome. have another rounds of beer for that.

if i had space like that, i too would give that a try, don't know what the outcome would have been like but hell i think we nosey around our cars too much to not want to try it, plus it is not concours, so why not?

great job.

off topic - genikz, i like the avtar, next time a pregnant woman mentions a baby kicking, i'll correct them, it's a Porsche-phile practicing for the track.
Old 12-22-2008 | 05:00 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Smoker324
I am very impressed with the results of your ghettotastic paint job. Looks great.
Thanks. Its far from good, but it's good from far.

What did you clean the sanded surface with prior to putting sealer/primer down?
Lots of denatured alcohol and those heavy shop paper towels. Followed by prep-sol with a cloth towel, followed by an appropriate dry time after wiping off the prep-sol, followed by more denatured alcohol with a cloth towel.

I don't like tack rags, because if they get hung up on something or you press too hard, they leave wax on the surface.

What primer/sealer did you use?
Primer/sealer was DuPont 4970S 2K UltraProductive Primer-Sealer, because my intention was to use ChromaPremier all the way though, and this was the appropriate mid-coat for the system.
Old 12-22-2008 | 09:38 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Kudos on your paint job. Big brass ***** indeed!!

Quick Reply: Almost ready for paint