Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted or Help Finding.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 03:51 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Z-man:
<strong>Have you thought of supercharging your n/a instead? While you may not be able to modify the power on the fly (MBC's), you can still have more power and, IMHO, supercharging won't wear our your n/a engine as much. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, turbos have much more power potential than SCs. Also, SCs are harder on the engine than a turbo because they are always under boost and this tends to cause them to be harder on bearings.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I think about 3k or less would be a good price since you pretty much need just about everything under the hood. Intercooler, all the tubing and hoses, coolant resevoir, clutch, injectors, wiring harness, comps, instrument, waste gate, entire exhaust, turbo, intake, air box, etc. You are looking at a lot of work. Since you have the motor out you want to change all gaskets, water pump, belts, and clutch etc and costs more money. The install probably will cost you a minimum of $2k if you paid someone to do it. I know if someone shipped me a pile of parts and even if they included all the bolts and nuts, it would take me a little while to sort it all out and I have taken apart over 20 944 and 951s. The way you want to do it is to get the whole front of the car and transplant it side by side to make it easy for yourself or the person who is doing the install for you. Good luck with the project.

Quick Reply: Wanted or Help Finding.