Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I Ask for my 968?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008 | 05:49 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kevincnc
To me, Tiptronic means it's a girl's car.
ORLY?!

Old 11-15-2008 | 01:21 AM
87 944 C
Drifting

getting a car from canada to america is not difficult. paperwork won't be bad. it's just usually the RHD that makes it hard. the 968 here has LHD and therefor the same setup as a 968 that brought to the states from Porsche themselves in thte 90's. the only issue would be the kph vs. mph. which leagally doesn't have to be changed.

i'd buy a tiptronic 968, only for those days i don't feel like driving stick, which is few and far between
Old 11-15-2008 | 05:47 AM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

That thing is SICK. Awesome color, and blue scripts

Minus the tip....
Old 11-15-2008 | 06:41 AM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

In before delete!
Old 11-15-2008 | 03:41 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
2 posts and you're advertising a car? Pony up for a membership please.
Wanna bet dealer and never posts again?

By the way 12k is nuts. There was an amazon green one for sale in michigan this summer. tiptronic, leather and less miles, plus US certified. 9k and it didnt sell. the michigan dealer sold it to an ohio dealer that sold it to someone on the 968 board.
Old 11-16-2008 | 02:27 PM
Danath69
6th Gear

I'm going to vdeo tape the car while it is running and put it on Youtube and attach the link to the forum... I'm not a dealer, I just bought the car I will be getting it tomorow and will take pics and a vid. Is there some part of the car that I sould pay attention to? It seems like the price for Porsches are cheaper in Canada maybe because there are fewer up here? If you think that $12,000 ($9,713.85 USD) is "nuts" check these ones out: http://www.canadatrader.com/result/r...province&dm=7#
Old 11-16-2008 | 05:57 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Wanna bet dealer and never posts again?

By the way 12k is nuts. There was an amazon green one for sale in michigan this summer. tiptronic, leather and less miles, plus US certified. 9k and it didnt sell. the michigan dealer sold it to an ohio dealer that sold it to someone on the 968 board.
$12,000 is not nuts for a 968 in Canada.

$8000 usd = $10,000cdn x taxes & duties at the border = $13,000 CDN to get an $8000USD Porsche 968 into Canada.

And IMO, being "US certified" is a detriment. Euro models are far more desireable.
Old 11-17-2008 | 10:05 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Danath69
Hey guys I have a 1992 Porsche 968 Tiptronic with 138,000kms (bout 88,000 miles) on it but I have fallen into financial difficulties and need to sell.
Originally Posted by Danath69
I'm going to vdeo tape the car while it is running and put it on Youtube and attach the link to the forum... I'm not a dealer, I just bought the car I will be getting it tomorow and will take pics and a vid. Is there some part of the car that I sould pay attention to? It seems like the price for Porsches are cheaper in Canada maybe because there are fewer up here? If you think that $12,000 ($9,713.85 USD) is "nuts" check these ones out: http://www.canadatrader.com/result/r...province&dm=7#
OK, you are not a dealer. I say B.S. but will give you the benefit of the doubt for a brief moment.

But, you are selling a car you just purchased.
But, in a thread you are asking for what it is worth, you are posting why you should get the higher price.
AND, you are to effin cheap to pony up the $18 to be a member.

Sorry dude, I just gotta hit the report this post button. My gut says dealer or flipper. I keep my cars a while before i lose money sellling em.

After you pony up the money to be a member, you will be welcome to post your for sale ad for the car you just bought that you want to sell.
Old 11-17-2008 | 11:16 AM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

It's practically worthless..
That being said, I will remove it from your driveway for free....
Old 11-17-2008 | 12:11 PM
Danath69
6th Gear

Yes, I understand your concern Tom. I bought the car from overseas in the begining of September when the Canadian economy was killer. Times quickly changed as October came around, I lost my job (Sawmill) and am going to school to be a teacher having to fork out loads of money while paying a mortgage on a house that isn't worth what I bought it for. What seemed like a good idea at the time has changed. If you were looking for an explanation there it is. If the car comes here today I'll post a vid like I said. As for the membership; you are right it is cheap and I may consider getting one because it does seem like there are some decent people who visit these forums.
Old 11-17-2008 | 01:49 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Well, technically he is asking for our advice on HOW MUCH he should ask for the car for a quick sale. The poor guy has fallen onto hard times, and has to sell it but the posting doesn't say "For sale, 1992....".

If the mods have a problem with this guy, let them be the ones to jump all over him.

Sheesh.
Old 11-17-2008 | 02:10 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
Well, technically he is asking for our advice on HOW MUCH he should ask for the car for a quick sale. The poor guy has fallen onto hard times, and has to sell it but the posting doesn't say "For sale, 1992....".

If the mods have a problem with this guy, let them be the ones to jump all over him.

Sheesh.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

This reminds me of the time I bought a nice thickrare red roast beef hero sandwich. It was more than i wanted to eat. I knew it wouldnt last without a fridge to keep it cold. It was the afternoon before we got paid and i spent my last money on this hero.

i said to myself out loud as I sat down to eat my half sandwich that i wouldnt be able to eat the whole thing. Sitting next to me was someone i knew. he wasnt a good friend, and i didnt owe him any favors. I asked him if he was hungry. He told me he was, and that he spent the last of his pay on gas to get to work.

I then looked at my sandwich and felt myself in a conundrum.

do I give him half of my juicy rare roast beef hero?
Do I take a bit or two out of the second half and toss the rest?

Technically by asking him if he was hungry i wasnt offering him anything.
Old 11-17-2008 | 02:29 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

This reminds me of the time I bought a nice thickrare red roast beef hero sandwich. It was more than i wanted to eat. I knew it wouldnt last without a fridge to keep it cold. It was the afternoon before we got paid and i spent my last money on this hero.

i said to myself out loud as I sat down to eat my half sandwich that i wouldnt be able to eat the whole thing. Sitting next to me was someone i knew. he wasnt a good friend, and i didnt owe him any favors. I asked him if he was hungry. He told me he was, and that he spent the last of his pay on gas to get to work.

Hey now, I thought that I was the only one here on Renn that told the occasional long, drawn-out, thought-provoking story! LOL.
Old 11-17-2008 | 02:45 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

When was I promoted?
Old 11-17-2008 | 05:57 PM
Danath69
6th Gear

Pics/Vid and more info will have to wait until tomorow... Am I the only person who has had a problem with Searail? they told me that I would have the car on Friday, they never return my calls and they tell me at the end of the day that it still hasn't left the parking lot yet! They claim to be the fastest and not to worry about anything they have been around since the early 1970's...

Quick Reply: What should I Ask for my 968?