Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch tick, chatter, Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 AM
KvotheYSL21
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Clutch tick, chatter, Help!!

Alright, after a few hours of bleeding, power bleeding, and lifting and jacking I've come to the conclusion that my slave cylinder is working just fine. However, the clutch is chattering and has chattered since I got the car. The engine will drive the wheels because the clutch never fully disengages. If I have he brakes on then it's impossible to put into gear and begins to stall the engine. If not, I can cycle through all the gears just fine but the clutch is always engaged (this of course while my car is in the air) and this is with the pedal to the floor. I can stop the wheels without stopping the engine if the pedal is to the floor, and if I let off then the pressure certaintly will stall the engine. The chattering looks as though it's coming from the pressure plate. The picture I have included is taken from the open hole at the side of the clutch housing. When running, the throwout bearing (silver metal) bounces and causes a chatter against the diaphragm spring. So, could this still be a master/slave cylinder problem, or is this a 'I need a new clutch' problem?

Quick Reply: Clutch tick, chatter, Help!!