Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

924- whats wrong???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 04:07 AM
xcessiv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an FYI. I don't even drive the 924 right now because I have grown tired of the electrical problems. I went through what you are going through, you probably have a bad ground somewhere that is making havoc in you current flow, and therfore burnig out whatever is weakest. it sounds like your ignition relay now. You can actually take it apart to repair it, if it is not ruined(I have done this on the 944), but it is not for the faint of heart. Before I drive it again I am going to reroute the grounds from the relay panel to an additional ground that then connects to the battery ground, which of course goes to the engine (earth). this should make a better ground and eliminate noise. The other thing I am going to do is disassemlbe the relay and fuse panels, clean and grease them with dielectric(sp) grease. Maybe, just maybe my temp gauge will not double as a tach. Remember to check all the fuses, it could be that simple. I would reccommend that anyone with an older 924 do the same. Good Luck. I knew nothing about electricity when I got this car.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:53 PM
shaun
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi and merry xmas to all. thx for the advice i have now taken a break from the car to recharge my own battries. hopefully in the new year i will give it one more big try. however as a novice could someone explain this bad ground again in a bit more simpler terms.

cheers

Quick Reply: 924- whats wrong???