Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking the unthinkable

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 10:19 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts
Red face Thinking the unthinkable

I recently underwent some changes in my personal life and as a result of such things have begun re-evaluating my position as a Porsche owner. You see New Jersey insurance rates are not very friendly for a recently-single guy under 30 and who knew a decent parking spot would cost as much as a small apartment in medium-sized city. Anyway, I'm seriously considering getting rid of my beloved Sheeba - a 1991 944 S2 cab.

It seems the range for what these things go for varies widely so I was wondering what everyone would consider to be a fair listing price for this car? It's got just over 97,000 miles - had it's 80,000 mile service and since then has had Mobil 1 every 3000 miles. Since I've only had it for a year the only service records I would have are the oil changes and the receipt for the new tires I purchased.

Yeah it's gonna suck not having this car if I get rid of it but I'll be joining the club again - just after I get a little more 'settled in'

Anyway you can all check out some brief pics at the following site:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/fp_911/porsche_pics" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/fp_911/porsche_pics</a>

Thanks for all of your help!
Old 01-08-2003, 10:25 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Just wondering why people even live in NJ?

Always hearing bad things about that place, especially the insurance rates.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:34 PM
TheJonesBoy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy. Diversity. I am 10 mins away from 3 different malls. I can get ANY ethnic food I feel like. Stores are open at any time, day or night. I have met people from dozens of countries, and learned a lot about different customs, aditudes, and religions. If I drive a half an hour in one direction, I am in Manhattan. A half an hour in the other, the mountains. A little longer drive puts me at some of the best beaches in the north east. I have driven next to ferraris and yugos. There are opportunities for any job you can imagine with a 30 min drive. Farther south, its all farmland. We are in the top 5 producers of peaches, cranberries, strawberries, and toxic waste. (hey, everything comes with a price)

But best of all.... We have the highest new Porsche sales, and a wide variety of dealers to choose from.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
I lived in Central Jersey for a while. Liked it. I was in a smaller city, a little too "rural" for me. Jersey is a nice place to visit. The insurance there was disgusting. I paid $2900 a year for my '93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. I was 17 with a spotless record. Sick.

Man, that has got to hurt letting this one go. Beautiful, and rare car. Got any pics of the interior? I have always wanted an S2 cab. Too bad I cannot afford it right now. There have been 2 gorgeous examples in the recent months.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2003, 12:47 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts
Tim,

In my case I was living in PA about two months ago. But I work in Manhattan so the commute was a killer. Insurance in PA was sure one of the perks of living there however. Plus I was married and a homeowner at the time. Now in the eyes of insurance agents, divorced means single and dangerous - although I've been clean for over 6 years now!

Perry,

When I was posting the pics I knew someone would ask to see shots of the interior but could not find them. Anyway it's a grey leather interior with an aftermarket wood trim kit installed by the dealer. I'll take some pics this weekend when there's actually some light outside when I'm home!

Quick Reply: Thinking the unthinkable