Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's help a lister

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is between GA and LA. Too far south for any help from me. Does anyone know an 18 wheeler that has a empty return trip from the west coast?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Contribution sent. Best wishes for everything!!!

(and another thank you to Lart for the alert, too!)
Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
flosho
Pro

If you need a ride between Eau Claire and Minneapolis, count me in!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a car trailer and would be willing to transport the car from Memphis Tn to GA. if needed.

Pay pal will be sent soon.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:52 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
I think it is between GA and LA. Too far south for any help from me. Does anyone know an 18 wheeler that has a empty return trip from the west coast?

I thought he said his dad was in Charlottesville, Va. and he needed to get from there to Cali...

I would be willing to get him +1 from C'Villle, Va. to Knoxville, Tenn.
-368 miles @ est. 5 hours

This leaves only 2200 miles...some proposed routes:
-Knoxville to Memphis....392miles
-Memphis to Little Rock....137miles
-Little Rock to Oklahoma City....337miles
-OK City to Amarillo.....262miles
-Amarillo to Albuquerque....287miles
-Albuquerque to Flagstaff....324miles
-Flagstaff to Lake Havusa....198miles
-Lake Havusa to Barstow....190miles
-Barstow to So Cal.....174miles

This is just proposed...see where you live in relation to the routing and what you would be willing to drive.

You wouldn't actually make a Porsche owner ride a bus, would you?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Brian, do you have a date set for this move? If I missed it in the post...apologies.
I'm like'n your idea Patrick...kind of a tag team rally XC. I'm in Orange County and can pulll the final leg if needed.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:25 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fluidplay
Brian, do you have a date set for this move? If I missed it in the post...apologies.
I'm like'n your idea Patrick...kind of a tag team rally XC. I'm in Orange County and can pulll the final leg if needed.
TT Rally...I like it. MapQ says it should take 38hours...I bet we can cut it by 8 hours.

I'll even make it interesting.....the car that makes up the most time on their leg wins $250.00 put up by CPRacing!

A little "prize money and bragging rights"...plus Pics and video logging....what more could you ask for??? Sounds like the all time greatest thread in Renns history, in the making. Now...who wouldn't want to be a part of this?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can do Little Rock to Oklahoma City in 4.5 hours in my company car, have not driven it in the Porsche. I'll be in Maine, leaving on the 18th, and not returning until the 27th, so I am in, as long as those dates are not included.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR
I thought he said his dad was in Charlottesville, Va. and he needed to get from there to Cali.
CPR, that is one hell of an attempt you are putting together for Brian! I think that Brian's car and his stuff is in Temecula, CA and he needs to get it to Marietta, GA. Also, I believe his father was in VA for medial treatment but now relocated to GA too. Hopefully Brian can chime in and clarify some things if I am wrong.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

I'm in Flagstaff and could probably do a couple hundred miles depending on timing. Phoenix-Flagstaff would be best.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 PM
CPR
Race Director

Brian,
Where exactly are you starting from?

This way, all you have to do is sit back, drink beer and get shuttled coast to coast....in a Porsche no less.
And use the money saved on airfare however you see fit.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys this sounds like a great idea. Also sounds like a ton of fun! The only problem is we are forgetting the fact that I will be traveling with a friend as I need someone with me to help load and drive as it is a long drive ,and our minimal luggage for the trip. Our cars don't fit 3 adults and stuff nicely. If it were just me it would be great.

As far as a date I don't have one yet. I spoke with my friend that will be going with me, He said he will probably be able to handle the plain fair. I really think this is the best way to go as I will be dealing with minimal time as my friend will be taking of work for this venture. I figure we fly there in 5 hours,and we are there! Get the truck,and trailer go to the house pack,and load then roll on. It took me 3 days to drive in my car I'm figuring at-least 4 in a truck towing a vehicle.

Again sounds like a lot of fun!

Brian
Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

FYI. Make sure they have a car trailer and truck for you many days in advance. They are sometimes hard to get on short notice out here. I have had nothing but problems with U-Haul every time I try to reserve a flat-bed trailer. A car dolly is always easy to get though and all it takes is dropping the axles and wiring them up out of the way. Good luck on your trip.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
FYI. Make sure they have a car trailer and truck for you many days in advance. They are sometimes hard to get on short notice out here. I have had nothing but problems with U-Haul every time I try to reserve a flat-bed trailer. A car dolly is always easy to get though and all it takes is dropping the axles and wiring them up out of the way. Good luck on your trip.
Yes I will make reservations in advance to avoid this issue. I will need to get a flat bed as I don't want to dolly the car.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Originally Posted by CPR
Brian,
Where exactly are you starting from?

This way, all you have to do is sit back, drink beer and get shuttled coast to coast....in a Porsche no less.
And use the money saved on airfare however you see fit.
Here is an Idea for a tag ride. I will need to get from Ga to Va to meet up with my buddy as he lives in the dullas area. The only problem is I still need to hammer out plans on a exact date.

At this point I'm still trying to get all the funds together. With the donations and some money I've been able to put together on my own,plus my buddy taking care of the airplane. I'm getting there. not there yet but I'm getting there. This gives me hope.

As far as location Rob is correct. I spoke on the phone with Rob the other day for about an hour.

Quick Reply: Let's help a lister