Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT Stereotype: Rice boys are spineless pricks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 08:38 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a hidden GPS beacon and a phone that pages a guy named Guido? I remember hearing of a case where a guy was suing a woman for shooting him when he broke in to her house. He won. The injury prevented him from supporting himslef because he was unable to perform his trade. He was a F'n thief for Christmas sake. Whoa, sorry about the rant. I was joking about the "FryoMatic" tm but their has to be someway to truly protect your car. Alarms are just annoying. My car is my lively hood, just as many other people it happens to be how I get to work everyday and earn a living. Someone takes that away and as far as I'm concerned that is the same as someone threatening to cut off a leg and I should be able to use self defense.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Germanicus
Advanced

I have a buddy who had a neighbor who was having problems with his car being broken into. It happened three times; each time the stereo being stolen. He suspected it was a kid who lived nearby, but never caught him in the act.

After putting in a fourth stereo, he decided to rig up a little booby-trap. He put some fishing hooks in behind the stereo! He came out to his car one morning and it seems he caught himself a teenage thief! There he was, red handed (literally, from his shredded fingers) and red eyed from his crying.

Well, when the cops arrived, guess who got taken away in handcuffs? That's right, the 'vigilante' who decided to take the law into his own hands. Where's the justice?? Hmm, in some countries they cut off your hands if your'e caught stealing...
Old 05-31-2002, 01:25 AM
Bob S. 1984 Silver
Pro

Looks like most of us believe the perp has more rights than the victim. I live in Arizona...A lot like Texas....Don't mess with my personal property...the desert is very large....

To err on the side of caution can be noble, but more often than not it simply lines the pockets of the defense attorney...I worked with a big city police department for years and saw it first hand. On the other hand, I have the utmost respect for the public defenders who really try to assure that justice is done, all for a salary and not an outrageous fee.

Seeing the "rights violations" being filed by Al Queda members and other "terrorists" makes me believe that Shakespere was correct all along....

Sorry, I think the justice system needs some tweaking here and there. Politically correct has led to more injustices than solutions.

Cheers!!

Bob S.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:57 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just to add my $0.03
When you are protecting your self or property I you use a gun and actually shoot someone, make sure you kill them, For one they cant say they werent trying to rob you, and they cant come back and sue you, they might take you to jail for harming someone, but if you kill them its self defence and no one can say other wise, you get aquitted.

What im going to to do my car is get one of those tazers and wire it up to the door handle, they dont stop working until the person holding the tazer lets up, but when i wire it to the door handle and make it so it activates when the perp grabs it, he wont beable to let go, so i figure he'll still be there when i get back to the car possibly still holding on to the handle.
And if no one is looking you can bet im gonna make him think twice about his actions ;-)

wheres the babes?

Quick Reply: OT Stereotype: Rice boys are spineless pricks