Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in NC / SC know how to do timing belts & front seals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going to do the seals, rollers, t belt, balance belt, waterpump and both thermostats. If we're going to do this, I'll have mine finished before you guys get here. That will leave more room, time, and tools to do the others. In addition, I highly suggest that everyone bring at least a basic set with them. That way, nobody is waiting for a 10mm. If we get done in time, there are some great roads nearby to break the new belts in. We could retire to Ian's friend's restaurant. Start early Sunday morning and retension all of them. Anyone game?

Dave
Old 05-30-2002, 10:10 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stopped at a German Performance Auto garage in Raleigh today on business and lo and behold, it's owned by an old acquaintance of mine. While talking he diagnosed a couple of small issues for me and sold me a couple of parts to fix those (fixed that pesky oil leak), but better, told me if I buy my re-belt parts from him, he'll let me do it in his nice, large, clean, air-conditioned shop, and he'll be there to lend a hand with any problems I might encounter, as long as supply the suds. He also has the 9201 tool
Anyway, he priced out my parts and he's a bit cheaper than most places I've priced online! I'm still up to help on the weekend in question though, might learn enough I won't need much help!

Mike

Quick Reply: Anyone in NC / SC know how to do timing belts & front seals?